Poschinger glass works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poschinger glass works

I`m looking for any info on this family operated company.Their the oldest family on written paper known,and oldest family owned business.If anyone shows real interest I have something significant from this family,and unsure what to do with it.Honestly need someone interested in helping to research it.Will post photos in next few days,if any interest.100`s of signatures,art,work,drawings,and such.

I forgot to mention I have a book with their family crest on it.A vet guarded a castle and brought this back along with other items.It`s like a hotel registry,from 1920 to 1938.Here`s just a few pics and a small amount that I have been able to find out so far.Not knowing any german makes it really tough.Heres a list of a few:
    Wolff von Stutterheim KC winner and commander of KG/77 died of aerial wounds 1940
    Major Sigmund von Imhoff head of state police during the Putsch,seized telegragh office and telephone exchange during the Putsch
    Freidrich von Mecklenburg by 1936 became a Hauptsturmfuhrer in the SS
    Hans Rauck a GeneralMajor and awarded ek2
    Felix Graf von Bothmer ww1 General died in 1937 Hitler threw a state funeral against the family wishes.

Thats just a few out of the several 100 signatures and such.

Comment

Starts at 1918 not 1920 sorry heres a few pics

1st page

Olympic team??

whats going on here??

this 1 mentions the Fuhrer translate please

art work with a story?

water color painting notice the book is in the picture

nice drawing with a story

get outta here !!!

Stauffenberg family member...there`s a few in here

Comment

Rommel family member

more Stauffenberg`s

Wolff von Stutterheim wonder if he drew the picture also

Like to know what this 1 says

nice painting

General Bothmer

famous conductor/musician?

Comment

nice art work

artist signature

Comment

Guess I should show the book also.Forgot to earlier in the post sorry bout that.

Comment

That's a really cool GI souvenir and loaded full of research potential. You might want to post it in the paper and documents section for help translating the inscriptions and signatures.

Comment

MODERATOR please move to the photo`s and papers forum.

thanks,Gary

Comment

Got your Stauffenbergs - first one is Berthold von Stauffenberg - Claus' Uncle and signatory on the document I posted on my Stauffenberg document CO of I. Bayerisches Schwere Reiter in WWI. Died in Gestapo Sippenhaft custody in 1944.

Next 2 are Markwart & Olga:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stauffenberg

Markwart Gf Stauffenberg (12.May.1889-04.Apr.1975) married to Olga Böhl de Liagre (09.May.1899-01.Dec.1973)

Here's an excerpt from Elisabeth von und zu Guttenberug's memoir "Holding the Stirrup" on Berthold's demise:

"Almost daily, word was received of the tragic death of some close friend or relative at the hands of the Gestapo. I had scarcely reached home when I received a message from one of the guards at the civil prison in Wiirzburg. This guard said that he had always had great respect and admiration for Old Count Berthold Stauffenberg. He informed me that Count Berthold was gravely ill in the hospital in Wiirzburg. So Berthold was not in Silesia with the others! Nothing would keep me from seeing this dear friend before he died. I set out immediately for Wiirzburg. It was late at night when I reached the hospital. In spite of the Nazi persecution of religion, nuns were kept on the nursing staff of many hospitals. The sister who was assigned to care for Count Stauffenberg took me down dark hallways and up back stairs-without lights and on tiptoe. Like a thief, I made my way to the room. At last we came to a door which she un-locked. The room was scarcely more than a cell; Berthold was a prisoner and not a patient. I had to stifle a cry. What a sight! On an iron cot lay a man, thin as a skeleton, his face like that of an old bird's. If I had not been told that this was Berthold Stauffenberg, I would never
                  have recognized him.

I could not believe that this human wreck was Berthold. He did not recognize me; his mind wandered as he babbled incoherently. His hands moved constantly on the bed cover as though searching for something. I learned that, for no medical reason, he had been given injections in prison. Under the effect of drugs his strong and vital mind and body had gradually given way. There was nothing that I could do for him. I took his old, clawlike hand in mine and prayed. I was told. that he would not live more than a day or two; so I decided to stay with my mother-in-law, who was living in our Wiirzburg home. The news about Count Berthold was a terrible shock to her for they had been friends from childhood. She was now eighty-two years old, and I could see that she was failing rapidly. I tried to persuade her to return to Guttenberg with me, but she refused to go.

The end came swiftly for Berthold Stauffenberg on November 9, I944. The Gestapo forbade anyone to at-tend the burial, but a few of us, including my brave, courageous mother-in-law, accompanied the coffin to the cemetery. There, at the graveside, to our astonishment and joy, stood the Bishop of Wiirzburg in full vestments. He also had defied Gestapo orders! Farewell, Berthold, beloved, knightly friend!"

I have his photo so PM your email if you want a copy.

Cheers

Hope that helps.

Colin
                  Last edited by crfraser; 06-10-2011, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Thought I`d bring this back around.I still haven`t done anything with it.

Comment

Originally posted by garyv View Post
                      Thought I`d bring this back around.I still haven`t done anything with it.
                      Thanks for boosting this again, have you tried to contact the family? are they interested? I'm sure some museums would love to have this stuff...

Comment

Still haven`t done anything with this book.Just thought I would bring it around again.Would really like to have it looked at by someone but who?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X