Did Adolf have a dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Adolf have a dagger?

Hi guys 2 quick questions for you if anyone out there knows?

1..... I heard that Adolf never wore a dagger is this true?

2...... Is it true that there has never been a period photograph found of a dagger being worn in battle or training purposes etc?

Regards Adam

Yes, he was wearing a dagger!

Hello Adam,

I don´t know about any german daggers he may have been awarded or actually wear one - but I can tell you that Adolf definitely received in early autumn (26. September) 1937 the honorary title "Caporale d´onore" from Mussolini in person while the Duce officially visited the first time the Deutsches Reich.

Therefore Hitler received coming along with this honorary title a citation as well as the official Caporale badge for wearing it on the upper left arm and :

at the waist belt (Koppel) the dagger of the MSVN (Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale, found in 1923) in officer´s version!

There is a nice detailed article about that with two period pics showing that specific dagger in wear when Hitler visited Italy in 1938 (2.-9. May) and detailed pics of the mentioned citation, the badge and the dagger - in "Militaria", May-June 2009, published by Klaus D. Patzwall and written by Gunther Martin.

You can order an issue from the Patzwall Verlag in Melbeck near Hamburg.

www.patzwall.de

Comment

Wow Thanks Thorsten
      I barely remember pictures of AH even wearing a belt. Just how stark he looked
      stood next to Hermann!

Pic (NARA)

Eric
      Attached Files

Comment

Hermann loved to ride the full glamour attack - already early and always!

That habit of him can even be judged a pathological narcism.

Hitler was exactly the opposite - he also never ever wore that Italian dagger after that official visit in 1938 again, should tell us something about his strong will but also being content and proud of just a few things in life.

It is also known that Hitler judged the Mutterkreuz to be the most adorable and honourable award the Reich could spend to adore the german mother.

Due to copyright I do not post pics of the mentioned Patzwall article - ordering the specific number of "Militaria" is well worth the little invest anyway.

Comment

I can remember reading in various publications over the years about Hitler being presented with various daggers,swords etc. However to the best of my knowledge he never wore any of them the Italian dagger being the one notable exception.
          However It's been often reported that he was usually armed with a concealed pistol of the Walther PP/PPK variety.
          Jim

Comment

Thanks guys!
            Thing is I was watching a programme last night and there was a short video of Hitler on a parade i think from about 1934ish and he appears to be wearing a dagger it looks a bit like an SA dagger maybe? Then about 5 minuites later there was another short video of some SS troops carrying out some sort of operation or training and they all appear to be wearing their daggers as they jump over a ditch with their rifles...............Strange

Comment

I forgot i recoreded it... here are some pics, the ones of Adolf are from around 1934 as his old friend Ernst Rohm is stood next to him, it actually looks more like a dagger when you watch the video of it.

The pics of the ss it appears that all of them have their daggers you should be able to see them pretty clear i can even see a chained one in the back right of the shot.

Comment

Hitler is not wearing any kind of dagger within this movie (Reichsparteitag Nürnberg) - what you can see is the leather straps over his right shoulder partially covered by his cravat and then getting connected to his belt - that is no dagger.

Second shows Allgemeine SS maybe at Reichsgepäckmarsch-Meisterschaft crossing a ditch and they wear the belonging black dagger as their Dienstdolch.

Comment

Yup definitely no dagger on AH side in this video. Nor have I ever seen him with one in a photo.

Comment

Im sorry but i have to respectfully disagree here guys, i will try and get a video to post of it but it deffinately looks like a dagger on the fist bit of the clip you can see it a bit clearer then he puts his hand on it to stop it falling and he keeps his hand on it for at least a few seconds. If you look at the last pic i posted you can see that there is no strap attached to what i beleive to be a dagger. One of the other pics of him in the car it looks like he has something connected to his belt but on the other pics it doesnt appear to be there! could he have not removed it and put the dagger in his pants instead?

Comment

Hello, I know this footage and i'm pretty sure that Hitler don't wear a dagger.

Sorry.

Comment

No.

-Eric

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          Hitler was exactly the opposite - he also never ever wore that Italian dagger after that official visit in 1938 again, should tell us something about his strong will but also being content and proud of just a few things in life.
                          You mean like having just having one nut?

An allied Intel officer named Colonel Bogy confirmed this.

Comment

The only time Adolf was seen with a dagger, I believe, was on his visit with Mussolini in 1937 , he wore an Italian fascist dagger.

Comment

As been said, the only known time Hitler worn a dagger was with Il Duce. Here's a couple of close ups of a postcard I have.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X