Wilhelm Sackenreuther group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilhelm Sackenreuther group

Here one photo I have so far from a group I found beginning of 2011 in Germany from private.

SS-Hauptscharführer Wilhelm Sackenreuther from the city of Nürnberg.
    Einsatzgruppe C Einsatzkommando 6

With the group came also couple of photos from Babi Yar, these ones are not shown in this photo.
    The photo of him in his SD tunic, buckle style M43 cap with metal skull and eagle! Wooden box with
    initials for his name, runes, swastika and Kiew 1942. His medals, two letters where one is very rare
    stamped "Geheime Staatspolizei". Letter head with "Der Kommandeur, des Einsatzkommandos 6,
    der Sciherheitspolizei und des SD. Dated Zamosc,3rd March 44.

Quite interesting and for me the only known group of such a thing out there.

Later on, a smaller gas van was placed at the permanent disposal of the Kiev KdS and the EG C staff.
    Another driver, named Eisenburger, admitted that he too had been sent from Berlin to Kiev at the beginning of 1942,
    with his colleague Sackenreuther and two large gas vans. They arrived at EG C staff headquarters and were detailed to
    Einsatzkommando 6 in Stalino, where they appeared at the end of February or the beginning of March. By feigning illness,
    Eisenburger soon managed to get out of taking part in the planned operation. Only the gas van driven by Sackenreuther
    remained at Stalino ...

He was then getting killed from Bandits in 44 with 3 others from the SD.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Robert H; 04-24-2011, 09:21 PM.

Holy jaysus that freaked me out a little and makes for some creepy reading but a great group and has to be extremly rare too...any mm on the ek?

Comment

Yes this is also for me the most freaky group I ever found so far.
      Cannot check on your MM question till I am back in Europe again.

I can tell you this guy looks very strange in the photo, like he loves the death.
      I wonder also a bid about the amount of grave photos in this group...

Comment

Robert,
        This gives an idea of the stuff that was going on when WS was running about in Poland...
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamo%C5%9B%C4%87

Comment

many thanks for your link, all killing organized for the future plans.
          Another link:
          http://www.lawofwar.org/Einsatzgruppen%20Case.htm

Comment

The Stalino history is gruesome too, just been reading up on it, comies. nazi's, christians, muslims, hindus, buddists, scientoligists, faith based believers, they are al fecking mad...

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
              many thanks for your link, all killing organized for the future plans.
              Another link:
              http://www.lawofwar.org/Einsatzgruppen%20Case.htm
              Thanks for sharing this link!! I even turned off FOX news for it......very, very interesting.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                Here one photo I have so far from a group I found beginning of 2011 in Germany from private.

SS-Hauptscharführer Wilhelm Sackenreuther from the city of Nürnberg.
                Einsatzgruppe C Einsatzkommando 6

With the group came also couple of photos from Babi Yar, these ones are not shown in this photo.
                The photo of him in his SD tunic, buckle style M43 cap with metal skull and eagle! Wooden box with
                initials for his name, runes, swastika and Kiew 1942. His medals, two letters where one is very rare
                stamped "Geheime Staatspolizei". Letter head with "Der Kommandeur, des Einsatzkommandos 6,
                der Sciherheitspolizei und des SD. Dated Zamosc,3rd March 44.

Quite interesting and for me the only known group of such a thing out there.

Later on, a smaller gas van was placed at the permanent disposal of the Kiev KdS and the EG C staff.
                Another driver, named Eisenburger, admitted that he too had been sent from Berlin to Kiev at the beginning of 1942,
                with his colleague Sackenreuther and two large gas vans. They arrived at EG C staff headquarters and were detailed to
                Einsatzkommando 6 in Stalino, where they appeared at the end of February or the beginning of March. By feigning illness,
                Eisenburger soon managed to get out of taking part in the planned operation. Only the gas van driven by Sackenreuther
                remained at Stalino ...

He was then getting killed from Bandits in 44 with 3 others from the SD.
                Hopefully they did it very slowly.
                However, a very historical and interesting group.

Comment

That's indeed creepy, but it's nontheless a stunning grouping, with real historical significance!

What are the two pieces on the right of the Ostmedaille? Are they shrapnel?

Regards, Giorgos

Comment

yes two shrapnel pieces

Comment

Still kicking myself for not buying this group last year

Glad it went to a good home.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X