Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro Cloth Luftwaffe Insignia?

Gentlemen,

Are there any good reproductions of Luftwaffe cloth insignia available, specifically breast and cap eagles?

Thank you!

Absolutely, but they're selling them as originals, that's the whole problem.

Jos.

Comment

i used to know of a site that makes personal items like this but i seem to have forgoten the name............

Comment

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
        Absolutely, but they're selling them as originals, that's the whole problem.

Jos.
        But I guess, to the knowledgable eye, there are still differences that mark these reproductions as what they are--namely, reproductions?

It seems to me that the copies sold on most reenactment sites look more like vultures (strange beak, long neck) than eagles and are different from the original Brustadler in the pinned thread in the Luftwaffe section of this website.

Hopefully somebody can point me in the direction of really good-looking (i.e. "authentic") reproduction eagles that, through close inspection, won't be taken as originals. I have no intention at all to resell them as originals--I plan to recreate a Fliegerbluse that resembles one of my grandfather's, and that should be as authentic as possible. I cannot afford originals and I do not want to desecrate any original insignia or uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Johann View Post
          But I guess, to the knowledgable eye, there are still differences that mark these reproductions as what they are--namely, reproductions?

It seems to me that the copies sold on most reenactment sites look more like vultures (strange beak, long neck) than eagles and are different from the original Brustadler in the pinned thread in the Luftwaffe section of this website.

Hopefully somebody can point me in the direction of really good-looking (i.e. "authentic") reproduction eagles that, through close inspection, won't be taken as originals. I have no intention at all to resell them as originals--I plan to recreate a Fliegerbluse that resembles one of my grandfather's, and that should be as authentic as possible. I cannot afford originals and I do not want to desecrate any original insignia or uniforms.
          You can buy original embroidered luft eagles for relatively little these days if you watch the estand on a regular basis, also check the Bazaar section on the estand or post a wanted add in the wanted section for cheap copies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X