Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you want Meat and vegetables?

Hello...
    Here some stuffs found from a friend of mine on the "Winter Line" in Italy. The winterline, for the guys that don't know his history, was the last german defensive line before Cassino.

Here some food box, he opened ...but I think no good for the dinner of this evening
    Attached Files

..some other relics
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like kittyfood

Nice relics!!

Comment

Hi Marco,

It seems you have been busy, as always.

Looks like Minestrone..(minestra) gone bad. ..

Comment

Originally posted by FMS-Paul View Post
            Hi Marco,

It seems you have been busy, as always.

Looks like Minestrone..(minestra) gone bad. ..
            Hello Paul...
            Yes, looks like Minestrone (you know perfectly the name)...unfortunately the smell looks like...ok...you understand

Comment

Are the K rations still air tight when you find them? Do they smell rotten when opened?

W.

Comment

When I was in basic training in 1971, we were given some C-rations that were dated from 1952, the year before I was born. They were still edible.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                  Hello...
                  Here some stuffs found from a friend of mine on the "Winter Line" in Italy. The winterline, for the guys that don't know his history, was the last german defensive line before Cassino.

Here some food box, he opened ...but I think no good for the dinner of this evening
                  Nice state of preservation! Looks like any corned beef hash I've seen, save for the few dark spots.

I think it is safe to say that the rest of that cow worked its way through the food chain some 60 years ago and has fertilized the Italian soil.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
                    When I was in basic training in 1971, we were given some C-rations that were dated from 1952, the year before I was born. They were still edible.
                    We had the same dated C-rations when I was in boot camp in 1982 , and they were edible still. I wonder just how long these rations will last if properly stored?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaceOfBayonets View Post
                      Are the K rations still air tight when you find them? Do they smell rotten when opened?

W.

Hi W.
                      Yes, rations was perfectly closed. The smell?...dead body

Comment

Ciao Marco, greta finds! - Please, tell me what is marked out in the big picture... (via PM is fine).

Comment

Neat. Some nice German Rations there too.Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X