Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janke

Dear all,

Judging from various posts on the plethora of WWII fora, the general consensus is that Janke used to be the place to go for the best repro uniforms, but his quality has declined in recent years.

What made his uniforms outstanding back in the day? What makes them too expensive for what they do offer today? Are there any items that are still acceptable?

Thanks for your replies.

Erich,

When Janke got into the market he had it cornered from day one. This was in the day of Swed converted uniforms and that god awful E. German crap people were using. His crushers were and are the best on the market period! But in recent years like everyone else he sourced out his uniform work. The wool is still Euro and the patterns are his but they are made god knows where now. Plus over the years he got a good run for his money by the likes of LB, old ATF, New Columbia.

His uniforms even when they were still made in Germany were not the best. The arm holes were of a British pattern ( a tad loose) and not tight like the German pattern. I personally never thought his bluse fit like they should. They are cut like an expensive suit coat. Sharp but not form fitting.

Hands down the best on the market today is On The March!

Comment

Actually Janke was around before the East German uniforms hit. The first Janke I ever saw cost about twice what original uniforms were bringing. I thought they looked wonderful but as Jurgen mentioned, their wool was nice but the style wasn't quite correct.
      I was under the impression that the old man Janke actually was a tailor during the war and when his son Michael took over, things went bad.

Comment

Thanks for the remarks so far.

Originally posted by JurgenHaack View Post
        His crushers were and are the best on the market period!
        So these are still ok?

Comment

You will not find a better crusher unless you fork out some big bucks for an original. They are worth every penny. 1,000 times better then the Erel copies!

Comment

So, you guys think the cut/fit of all the uniform items (inc. Fliegerblusen, Panzer wraps, pants, ...) is wrong or only with tunics/Feldblusen?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X