My newly acquired DKW SB 200 & NZ 350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My newly acquired DKW SB 200 & NZ 350

Last Saturday I drove from Rotterdam to Berlin on a mission to pickup my two DKW motorcycles and hauled them in the back of my FORD F150 the same day. The SB 200 is a 1936 production and the NZ 350 dated 1939. I'm going to have some fun restoring them. Got two years to do that before I ship them back in my household goods to Texas where I will display them in my Hobby room and maybe take them out for a run once in awhile. They are pretty much complete and both are in running condition. paid 5,000 Euro for both. I guess I will be hitting the Veterama Motorcycle show in Germany in the near future looking for some bits and pieces.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by W Petz; 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM.

Dwk nz 350
    Attached Files

Comment

I think you got a bargain!

Comment

Nice singles, Bill!

Comment

great bikes and what a bargain.

tell me your source

martin

Comment

Sorry Martin....My Berlin source shall remain a secret for a little while longer until he finds me a NSU Motorcycle. He also will be searching for photos for me...which is one of my collecting passions. The SB 200 will make a nice display with one of my mannequins and a nice LW rubberized/waterproof Motorcyclist coat that is in storage back in Texas. I have two years to play with the bikes until I ship them back to Texas when my tour is up.

Jack...Glad to see you have been staying put in Tennessee these days. I remember my visits to the Military show in Nashville and our meeting at the 101st Airborne restaurant...which is a virtual museum in itself.

Denny...I agree with your comment 100%
            Last edited by W Petz; 03-17-2010, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Nice bikes, but you should let the DKW nz 350 be checked by an expert.
              As far as i can see it has allot of "bad" parts. Might be post-war IZH stuff mixed up in it. I suggest http://dkw-nz.net

Good luck restoring, i´m restoring a DKW nz 350 myself
              I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
              Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
              My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Nice bikes , but especially for the NZ500 I am with Rick.
                Have it checked for some not original parts.
                I have added some pics of a Wehrmacht NZ 500 project that was started by my brother some years ago.
                All parts had original camo paint .
                He sold it some years ago to a young collector who promised not to destroy the original appearence by sanding/blasting and repainting these
                parts.
                Hope you like these:

Regards

Bernhard
                Attached Files

Comment

Another view of the bike :
                  Attached Files

Comment

I always liked the different shades of the Einheitsfarbe on the
                    different parts that my brother collected over the years.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last one :
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice bikes all round. I know you will have fun restoring the DKWs- I know I have 2 DKW nz 350 from Normandie. The nz 350s are straight forward to work on and as for having izh parts on- well you have a choice pay good money and wait for the correct DKW part to come along or put an IZH part on there and get the thing running- my bike mentor has clear ideals on this - it aint a motorbike if it doesnt work !

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post

Jack...Glad to see you have been staying put in Tennessee these days. I remember my visits to the Military show in Nashville and our meeting at the 101st Airborne restaurant...which is a virtual museum in itself.
                          Yes, back home after 3 years in Kansas. Glad to be back. Unfortunately, the 101 Airborne restaurant in Nashville is now history. I don't know what happened to everything in it.

Jack

Comment

Bernhard

Thanks I will certainly have it checked out...as soon as I find an expert....not too many of them around.

Your brother did well on keeping that NZ500 all original especially the paint job. I wouldn't repaint it as it looks great with the original late war sandfarb. I love that satteltaschen rack. I have two brown leather saddle bags with the metal frame in storage back in Texas...would love to find an original rack to attach them bags....now the search is on for parts!

Bill

Originally posted by Bernhard View Post
                            Nice bikes , but especially for the NZ500 I am with Rick.
                            Have it checked for some not original parts.
                            I have added some pics of a Wehrmacht NZ 500 project that was started by my brother some years ago.
                            All parts had original camo paint .
                            He sold it some years ago to a young collector who promised not to destroy the original appearence by sanding/blasting and repainting these
                            parts.
                            Hope you like these:

Regards

Bernhard

Comment

Jack,

I hope you got to see the Great Wizard!!

Sad to hear that the 101 Airborne Restaurant is no more...it had loads of history in it from all the reunions that took place along with signed photographic history...I hope all that was in it is in good hands.

Bill

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                              Yes, back home after 3 years in Kansas. Glad to be back. Unfortunately, the 101 Airborne restaurant in Nashville is now history. I don't know what happened to everything in it.

Jack

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X