Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janke vs Lubstein/Erel visors?

Hello,

I hope I have come to the right forum for this question, as questions of this nature usually are not welcomed on the SS collecting forum (if not, I do apologise in advance!): I am planning on purchasing a repro allgemeine ss general's visor cap and don't know whether to buy a Janke or one of the Lubstein/Erel visors. I am leaning towards Janke because of his reputation and the chance of a more original maker's label than a double marked Erel, but then there's also the risk of ending up with a fantasy maker's label. And I just finished reading thru a thread dealing with all the giveaways that make Janke visors still distinguishable from originals and there are enough details to allow the competition its flaws. So does anybody know what the flaws of the Erel visors sold by ATF (the ones that have the colored "wirksame Ventilation" label partially sewn over the diamond) are? Any subject-related and valuable comments are welcomed!

Janke hands down! If you are going to spend the money treat yourself right and buy it right the first time around. You will not be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by JurgenHaack View Post
      Janke hands down! If you are going to spend the money treat yourself right and buy it right the first time around. You will not be sorry.
      What makes Janke's caps superior?

Comment

Originally posted by Erich Johann View Post
        What makes Janke's caps superior?
        Anybody?

Comment

Well I own a Janke cap and I have also Lubstein/Erel caps.For overall quality of materials and construction,the Janke cap is best.The Erel caps are good for re-enactment,but if you want a cap for display only go for the Janke.
          Also make sure you use quality insignia,alot of insignia(repro)here in the uk,the current ss eagles are not right and the TK's are copies of the "zipper mouth"fake skulls.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X