Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandmenil

Hello,
    Last year I build a website about he battle of Grandmenil.
    Grandmenil is a small town in the Ardennes.
    Because I live here, I created a website about the fierce fightings that took place in december 1944.

I must admit that most of the stories are from American veterans.
    I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.grandmenil.com

Best regards,
    Bob Konings
    Grandmenil/Belgium

Hey Bob,

Nice webpage!

We should meet up, especially as I am just "down the road" in Trois Ponts!

I am helping to organise a small MV meeting here. We are going to follow the route of Bill Tuckers unit of the 82nd Airborne over Fosse, Cour, Rochelinval etc.

Its on the 19th of this month!

Best

David

Comment

Well done Bob !, great website with good info on subject.

Comment

Excellent work there Bob.

Comment

Damn fine website. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Bob6960, great website and glad you covered this. I am going to try and hook you up with the son of a 75th veteran who is still alive. He fought here and has many stories to tell, also I have four dvds that are of a reunion of the 75th div in the early 90's I believe. In it they are going over the many battles of the bulge and I am pretty sure they discuss this battle also. I have borrowed those from a veteran and will return them after i make copies. Again great website and I will be in touch.

Comment

grandmenil

Thanks for the comments!
              And History: I'm always interested in new vets story's!

Comment

Bob,

That's a GREAT site, with fantastic research and well-presented!

Best,
                Greg
                sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Hi Bob

Fantastic site...Great job. Thanks for sharing this.

Best Regards, fischer

Comment

Grandmenil: UPDATE 16 OKTOBER 2009

After six months of research, I placed my new article "The Ottré Massacre, truth or myth?" on my website.

It's about the monument of Ottré (Belgium Ardennes) and the story behind it.

Here you can read it:
                    http://www.grandmenil.com/1us%20ottre.htm

Best regards,
                    Bob

Comment

After 17 months of hard work, team Ottré has finished their investigation, concerning the Ottré massacre.
                      The first version raised so many extra questions, that we decided to go to the max. With fantastic result.

On january 10th 1945 a massacre among American soldiers of F company, 331th regiment, 83rd Infantry Division was committed by the Germans.

We all know the story about the Malmedy massacre, the Wereth massacre and the massacre against civilians in Stavelot and Bande.
                      But the story of Ottré is a hardly known for most of us.
                      In may 2009, a veteran asked me to investigate this massacre. At first I believed the investigation would cost me a couple of months.
                      But I was wrong. This story is difficult and confusing. The stories that are available conflict with eachother.
                      Team Ottré made a great effort to research the events that occured on january 10th 1945.

Just this week, we were able to close the investigation and translated the text in English.
                      On the Grandmenil website you can read the story, the investigation, our fieldwork and our conclusions and comments for now.
                      You will also find a remembrance page.

This does not mean that we're finished. Behind the scene, we're still trying to find loose ends, clues and findings from the fields outside Ottré.
                      You can find the complete story here:
                      - http://www.grandmenil.com/ottre.htm (Dutch version)
                      - http://www.grandmenil.com/1us%20ottre.htm (English version)

Best regards on behalf of the Ottré team,
                      Bob Konings

Comment

Hi Bob,

Great job !

Grandmenil is located in the french speaking part of Belgium, could you translate your site in french too ?

Thank you very much for the french speaking persons.

Kind regards.

F.

Comment

Hello Florian,
                          We're trying to translate the site in French, wich will cost lots of work... I found somebody here in Grandmenil who might want to do this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X