No announcement yet.

Coastal Artillery reenactment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some updates...managed to get buttons and have been replaced, except for the ones in the shoulder boards which i will be replacing as soon as i get the boards
    other insignia is about to arrive in...
    Attached Files

Comment

Are brass finished buttons common on Coastal Tunics? I usually see painted.

Comment

You're fast again Jack...I had no time nor paint to finish them
        Will do will do...but have seen some period pictures with brass buttons
        Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
        Are brass finished buttons common on Coastal Tunics? I usually see painted.

Comment

Good luck on the impression. It's far too often where all you see is tons of SS/Para reenactors on the Hermann Goring diet.

Comment

Many thanks, mates
            Well I now have received a BeVo breast eagle and BeVo collar tabs and the most disgusting work is gonna start, so I will be very grateful getting advice on how to folding both the eagle and tabs to be sewn on the tunic
            Ace
            Attached Files
            Last edited by FestungSpanien; 10-31-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

ATF has a section on folding and applying litzen, coastal litzen usually had bottle green backing but you will see pics of them without the backing. Folding and trimming the eagle can be a real pain since repro breast eagle material seems to be heavier and stiffer than original ones. I would suggest that you look through pics of original breast eagles that show the back side and fold and trim like you see in the pictures. The pics you look at don't have to be for coastal. I have seen some guys just trim and zigzag stitch the eagle to the tunic

Comment

Many thanks Harold once again
                Let's see in the following days what I make of this.
                Cheers
                Ace

Originally posted by pzrwest View Post
                ATF has a section on folding and applying litzen, coastal litzen usually had bottle green backing but you will see pics of them without the backing. Folding and trimming the eagle can be a real pain since repro breast eagle material seems to be heavier and stiffer than original ones. I would suggest that you look through pics of original breast eagles that show the back side and fold and trim like you see in the pictures. The pics you look at don't have to be for coastal. I have seen some guys just trim and zigzag stitch the eagle to the tunic

Comment

Sorry guys for my lack of update here...well here she is...nearly finished...need some paint for the buttons and a rank grade which is on its way and straight to the beach!
                  What do you think?
                  Ace
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks very nice, Ace!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                      Looks very nice, Ace!
                      Thanks again Jack
                      Some eagle-eyed guys here will notice that the collar tabs are sewn the wrong sense...well I didn't do it on purpose but I like that sloppy-like result...

Comment

Some olive drab paint would work on those buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by DennyB View Post
                          Some olive drab paint would work on those buttons.
                          Hi Denny
                          Yes I thought about some feldgrau paint for kits...we will see the result pretty soon
                          Ace

Comment

Looks like your project is coming along very nicely.

Comment

Thanks Chris
                              I forgot to add the cap, so here it is...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X