falklands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

falklands

hi, here a video slide show i put together, concerning the Falklands war showing 3 para on mount longdon,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eEIjcWjr-A
    ps i was wounded on longdon, a bit of history..

Well done!
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hello Jimmy,

wonderful tribute, both poignant and moving.

Patrick.

PS. you are right about the voice.

Comment

Falklands updated slide show

Hi all, i have just put together a slide show showing my Battalions ( 3 Para ) path through the Falklands War,
        the first one is going down there on the SS Canberra, and the second is on the Islands and then home.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/jimmyoc/videos/2/

http://www.viddler.com/explore/jimmyoc/videos/1/

my little piece of history
        ps click on the arrows on the bottom right hand corner of the screen and it goes to full size..

Comment

jimmy i salute you.i remember sitting up watching coverage of the war on tv.i belive it was the first war for the uk that was heavily televised.

Comment

Respect................

All the best

Comment

Very moving. Well done Jimmy!!
              When you go home
              Tell them for us and say
              For your tomorrow
              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

27 years ago, doesn't seem that long ago. Strange to think that it's now further away in time than the end of WWII was to my birth and yet WWII seems an age ago.

Remember so well watching the QEII, the great white whale and other ships from the task force sailing down the Solent
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

slide show

Originally posted by Simon Orchard View Post
                  27 years ago, doesn't seem that long ago. Strange to think that it's now further away in time than the end of WWII was to my birth and yet WWII seems an age ago.

Remember so well watching the QEII, the great white whale and other ships from the task force sailing down the Solent
                  yet for me, its like yesterday....

Comment

Outstanding tribute Jimmy and very well done. Some iconic images.
                    I was ten at the time, I will always remember hearing the news of the invasion. We didn't have a TV and I can remember coming into the kitchen where my Father always ate breakfast listening to Radio four and hearing the news. I got up early everyday after that and listened with him. I can still hear Brian Hanrahan 'counting them all out and counting them all in'.
                    A friend of the family went down there on a cable laying ship and he brought me back a shell casing that was fired from the ship he was on - I still have it!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X