Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normandy 2004

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone is planning on being at Normandy next year for the 60th anniversary festivities on June 6th? I was there this year and will be returning in 2004.

John

John, 3 friends and I have all reservations already made. Wouldn't miss it for the world. This will be my 3rd trip to the region in the last 5 years.

Comment

Normandy 2004

Good job Jack,

My son and I went there on an orgainzed tour this year but next year I'll be on my own doing whatever seems best at that moment. Can you offer any suggestions as to where you think are the best places to be on the 6th and a day or two after? Omaha? St. Mere Eglise? Etc.? I'm really hoping to meet and chat with vets that were there.

If there is an opportunity to run in to you over there, that would be great too.

John

Comment

This is the site for the 60th anniversary calendar: http://www.normandiememoire.com/NM60.../sommaire.html. It appears that SME is going to be the gathering place for a good bit of it. However, I am sure as it gets closer, more things will post. We actually get there the 4th, but are going to the Panzer Musee in Saumur on the 5th to check out the tanks.

Comment

Hi Guys, there is some info on this site, but at the moment I think they are mainly trying to sell you a tour:

http://www.normandy-dday.com/gb/08dd...fault1000.html

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi,

I think about a visit too. We should have a beer all together

Comment

Sounds like the best idea thus far, JensF!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X