Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWI Reenacting

Hi folks,

I´m not a reenactor but I always thought that this kind of thing should be very funny. However I´m curious about something: most of you are WWII reenactors. Are there any good WWI German reenactor´s units around ? Where they buy their stuff (I mean what are the dealers)?

Please, I´d like to see some pictures (reenactors´ units and dealers), post the www pages´ adresses if you know it.

thanks in advance.

Douglas.

While I am not personally intrested in this, I have found

http://www.great-war-assoc.org/

to be a good reference source and starting point.

There is also the WWI reenactors' web ring:

http://www.reenactor.net/WW1/ww1reenact_ring.html

Ed Haynes

Comment

www.IR459.org

Comment

Thank you!

Ed and Paul,

Thank to both of you, guys!

wishes,

Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Aguiar
          Are there any good WWI German reenactor´s units around ? Where they buy their stuff (I mean what are the dealers)?

Please, I´d like to see some pictures (reenactors´ units and dealers), post the www pages´ adresses if you know it.
          Hello Douglas,

There are a guite a few German units in the Great War Association - we own a battlefield in Eastern Pennsylvania, near Chambersburg. It's approx 120 acres complete with opposing trenches, no-man's land, and plenty of Tommies and Amis to shoot at

Of course I may be baised since I am commander of my unit but Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 459 is the best unit in the GWA. We have 22 members and field any where from 13 to 16 at any given event. We have two MG's (light and heavy) and the rest of us are Infanterie - Soldats.

There are several dealers that have sprung up that sell WW1 German Repro's. The main one is Great War Militaria(GWM). GWM has everything for your impression(s). They can be pricey but are great folks to deal with.

Schipperfabrik is one of the new guys on the block. The offer a couple items that are good to use and some that are ok. It's really up to you and your standards of athenticity.

Relications.com is another of those cottage industries that are selling some great items. I highly reccomend their ammo pouches - very nice!

Prairie Flower Leather Co sells some really fine Stalhelm parts (liner, chinstrap, and liner pins) at great prices!

So Douglas as you can see here's a few links to get you started. The best thing to do is contact a few units and see whats up. Because unlike other time periods in the GWA individuals must belong to an actual unit to participate in combat. Besides each unit has their own authenticity standards and vendors list.

Have fun,

Comment

Thanks

Max,

Thanks for your tips and impressions. I visited your site and it is really amazing! Congratulations to you and your Kamaraden. Keep on the good work.

All the best,

Douglas.

Comment

Look at these guys!

www.altearmee.de

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Aguiar
                Max,

Thanks for your tips and impressions. I visited your site and it is really amazing! Congratulations to you and your Kamaraden. Keep on the good work.
                Thanks for the Kudo's -- Not to bad for a bunch of Americans portraying Germans. Hey at least we own and maintain our own battlefield.

To bad you don't live in the States

Mit Kameradschaft,
                Stiebritz
                8K/JR459

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X