New film about Stalingrad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalingrad--Bis zum letzten Mann

How could we get a hold of that movie? Also i know exactly what you mean about the "heavy set" reenactors...they're everywhere! It takes away from the effect in my opinion.

Comment

Stalingrad is usually available online on Amazon.com or Barnesandnoble.com.

It is a decent movie with a few problems. I then to look past uniforms and proper decorations and this movie is decent in the acting, sets and story.

The Garrison on the other hand...and I talked to a few other indie film makers and they suggested:

1) the uniforms and men in general are too clean. Aren't these guys suppose to be in the Stalingrad after it was already encircled by the Russians? Yet their uniforms look like they were just pressed.

2) why are we seeing so many non-uniformed Soviet citizens fighting in the streets? That shouldn't be and just feels wrong!

3) they would have been off shooting in black and white and adding some grain to the film to make it look more period -- which would further help with the cleanness of the men and uniforms but would also make it grittier.

I wish these guys luck but considering the efforts and the results I'm not impressed thus far. It takes more than a few uniforms and a Mini-DV camera to make a war movie.

Comment

I think this Trailer looks very cheap, and was really weird...
        But one question, what the hel* was that thing at the very first of it, that look like a cross dresser? And did anyone catch what it said?

Comment

Spotted some GD members in there... gotta mention that next event... see what they say about it.

Lars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X