Some of my photos from the "good old days"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of my photos from the "good old days"

Hi Guys, in an earlier thread Jan mentioned about posting pics of re-enactment events from the dim and distant past. Here are some of mine.
    Here I am back in 1984. Head to toe everything is original and the M1 Garand was a shooter.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Files

Kit display. Note the M38 Field jacket and WW1 knuckle duster trench knife. I wish I was so slim now
    Attached Files

Comment

This photo again dates from the early 1980's and was taken at Sandwell Park show in Birmingham. It shows us riding on the back of a Stuart tank. I am the figure in the centre of the group on the rear deck. I think fellow forum member LeeB might be on this pic too? The tank driver, Bob James, was a nut case and drove under low trees nearly sweeping us off the deck, plus the turret was not locked I vowed never to ride on a tank ever again. But I soon broke this
      Attached Files

Comment

A couple of years later and I am back on a tank again! This time a captured Hetzer. This one is shown by Patrick in the thread on MV's and is the one given away for free by the Swiss Army.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, last one of me. This time in German kit at a private "battle" manning an MG34. Circa 1987.
          Attached Files

Comment

impressive, Ade! So, all the items showing in these pictures ( at least the first 4) are original...waw ! This is really impossible today, although the amount of items aren't less today. From the last picture, I presume that the covers are repro's , no? These were indeed the good old days...Thanks again for sharing

cheers

Jan
            'Arzt und Soldat'

Comment

Hi Jan, yes, all the US kit was totally original. We even wore the socks
              The German kit was repro uniforms, but all the field gear was original including my SS belt buckle I am horrified to think that I wore it now..... But back then it was a £15 item. But I still have it. The German uniforms were the then state of the art repros. They did begin to look "real" with proper useage.
              Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Great photos Ade Barely would have recognised you in some of them if you had`nt said

Des

Comment

Good old days

Hi Ade

I certainly do remember those good old days, and yes I also spent some time clinging on to that tank.

I have lots of photos of those times, and will sort some out.

I have included a photo of Stoneligh with Terry. Was you there?
                  The nice thing is that we are still in contact after all those years.
                  Here's to many years to come.

Leeb
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X