Comment

insc

An original inscription difficult to read, but original
      Attached Files

Comment

entry

and the door

Comment

Are the door handles rusted so they don't move? I can just imagine children ("of all ages" ) running in, slamming the door closed... and then...

I guess these must be very isolated, or not have many people know about them?

No grafitti, no garbage, no vandalism.

Comment

the doors

The doores do move, but they are very rare on the bunkers.
            Most were sold as recyclated metal in the 50's
            These one move, but don't close due to the rust.
            There no daylight in these patterns as they are under the ground, you need a light to enter. So there no so much trash and damage.
            The thread with the cannon barrel is very damaged and trash with sh... and some others dejections as they are opened
            I'll post some otherssoon
            Philippe

Comment

Cool pics, if I ever had the money a would buy a big bunker I find these rely interesting although most of the light ones smell of piss like you said. Philippe do you live near these?

Phil

Comment

not so far

This one, as the german submarine base (check brest in www.uboat.net) is about 3 minute of walk from my actual house, but I bought a lot to built a new house.............and..........there is an unopened pak bunker in the garden (uncleaned and closed by the pioneers in 1945, so no piss since 1945. ). Is is enterely covered trees and ground, and the most amazing is that I found a sept 1944 aerial photo from the reco batallon with the lot photographied.
                I can see the bunker and 3 bombs craters at the place of my future home.
                When I'll open it I'll post. Just some months to wait
                Philippe

Comment

link

I'mliving now at 300m from the back of the naval college.
                  here is the link of the base
                  http://uboat.net/flotillas/bases/brest.htm

Comment

Hi Philippe, thanks for posting these great photos! Fantastic!
                    I remember finding a bunker in Normandy back in 1989. We had to dug it out to enter it. All we found was a wrapper from a US anti - gas cape.
                    Here is a photo taken outside St. Maxime in the South of France two months ago. This bunker has been cleaned up this year by the town council. All the rubbish had been cleaned out and the entrance barred to keep people out.
                    Cheers, Ade.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the interior of the bunker.
                      Attached Files

Comment

All I have under my back garden is a '48 DeSoto from when "landfill" regulations were considerably laxer!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X