Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living History Omaha, Normandy!!

Hi All
    Here are some stills from my camcorder, of me and my friend Carl at Omaha beach Normandy France, on the 6 June at 06.30 and we bumped into some French re enactors from Falaise so we did some filming!!
    we stayed in Normandy for four days travelling around and slept in are zeltbahn tent at campsites and farms, wearing most of are German uniform not displaying the swastika, but only wore the tunics on the morning of D day on the beach intending only to do some quick posed shots, as I sat looking down from the bluffs using my German bino's wearing full German uniform I could not believe my eyes there where five people in a American jeep dressed in ww2 American uniforms! Staring back at me, and no doubt they could not believe there eyes that morning! As much as me.

Rob

As a postscript I would like to point out that places like Omaha, and Falaise I find very sad and have great respect for all sides in this conflict and do not wish to be disrespectful and later that day we left flowers at the American and German war cemeteries
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SOLDAT1; 06-03-2003, 06:47 PM.

My wife and I were on Omaha Beach last June 6th early in the morning as well. Amazing how many reenactors were there then. Will post a few pics also. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi peppicek
      I lookforward to your photos these could almost be real don't you think.

Rob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X