Public Battle - Watertown, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Battle - Watertown, TN

On June 7th, we will be holding a public battle in Watertown, TN for the second time. It is a somewhat interesting one in a few respects. First, the town hires a '50s era streamliner train to bring people in from Nashville. Last time, there were many WW2 vets on board, including a Pearl Harbor survivor. The train arrives, and a small ceremony takes place at the landing. From there, everyone moves to the square of "occupied" Watertown. The real town is literally held by the German forces. It's up to the allied reenactors to take it back. At the last event, in a town of maybe 1000, I would bet we saw at least 2000 spectators during the two public battles.

If anyone is in the area, and either wants to watch, or to participate, please contact me at my e-mail address of luftwaffefeld@aol.com.

Bringing this back to the top as it is next weekend. Hope that someone off the forum gets the opportunity to attend. Fergus, do you you if any of Stab Ko. will make the trip?

Comment

Jack,

Atlanta area re-enactors are being encouraged to support the Fort Oglethorpe, GA event that same day. The U.S. 6th Cav regt. is opening a museum, and we will do the standard public battle.
      We hope to make in-roads with the event organisers and possibly pave the way to use their acreage for future private battles.

Ferg.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X