Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Living History Forum!

Welcome to the Living History Forum!

I want to thank Ade and Jack for agreeing to moderate this space dedicated to all “current” history. Threads on reenacting, battlefield sites, and veterans news will fill these pages. I look forward to another great forum!

Enjoy,
    Sebastián J. Bianchi

Wehrmacht-Awards.com

Hi Guys, I thought that I would start off with thanks to Seba for asking me to help moderate this forum.
    I have been involved with WW2 living history since 1979. I was originally in a U.S. unit portraying 15th Inf. Reg. 3rd Inf. Div. In 1988 I bought my Jeep a 1942 Ford GPW and after researching it's history I discovered it served with the British Airborne Forces. This sparked my interest with the British A/B forces, which changed the direction of my re-enacting interests. Since 1996 I have ran a UK based group called "Summer of '44". Our principal interest are the Pathfinders for OP " Market - Garden", the XXI Independent Parachute Company. After meeting the Vets in Arnhem we have been made honourary members of their association.
    My other re - enacting interest is in the Soviet Red Army of WW2. I have always had an interest here, I guess after reading so much about the war on the Eastern front. The group that I belong to is called "2nd Guards Rifle Div." I have been a member of this group for 18 months now and I find it very different to doing British living history, but very interesting. I should add that my wife Lez also takes part in both groups.
    Cheers, Ade.
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 05-26-2003, 12:32 PM.

Comment

What a great idea for a forum. I am a big fan of before and after the battle photos, I hope that counts for a topic in this forum. I haven't done any re-enacting and I am not sure what is involved. So if anyone cares to elaborate I would appreciate it. I haven't even been to any re-enacting battles which are done all the time around the Houston area.
      Greg

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Comment

Good luck with your moderating... I hope you have fun along the way!

Regards

Rich
        Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
        Decorations of Germany

Comment

Well done Ade and congrats.

I'm sure that this forum will be a success, with the dedication that you have for 'living history' it couldn't be anything less.

Best wishes,

Allan
          Looking for information on RKT KARL HUBER
          Stoßtruppführer AufKlAbt 20 (mot.)

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it'

Comment

Great Idea!

Thanks, Seba-
            That's a wonderful idea! Your website is truely
            the best. I look forward to another great forum!-Ray>

Comment

In the murky and weird world of re-enactment/living history where there are so many incorrect and frankly god awful impressions Ade and his wife Lez easily stand out as 2 of the most dedicated and accurate re-enactors/living history persons I have met in my travels. Not only that but they know the history (both written and personal) behind what they portray which to my mind makes all the difference.

I`ve never met Jack but I`m sure he is from the same mould. Great choice for moderators!

Best of luck guys!

Regards,

Des

Comment

Glad to be on board and couldn't have a finer co-moderator in Ade.

I have been involved in reenacting since my 35th birthday. So, this will be my seventh year. Started out in a Volksgrenadier unit out of Arkansas which I found unfulfilling. Tried 2nd SS for a few events. But, finally settled in with an impression involving the little known but very interesting field divisions of the Luftwaffe. I started the unit that I am now a member of about 4 years ago. We are a growing unit located in the southern US.

I am sure there are many other collectors out there on this forum who are also reenactors and look forward to some interesting discussions relating to living history and other related topics. Let the fun begin for our living historians.

For those that haven't seen it, please visit my website at 8. und 18.Feld Divisionen (Lw)

Comment

excellent idea for a new forum. this site seems to get bigger every day!
                  Like Jack, I also portray Luftwaffe.
                  I am a para in a pioneer unit,
                  3/Fallschirm Pi Bat. 1
                  there are several of us from the unit, and also our Kampfgruppe (together with 1/Luftlande Sturm) who are members of this site.
                  outstanding new forum!

Comment

Hi all, great to find at last that someone is doing a reenactor forum.
                    I run a Fallschirmjager group in the UK - FJR2, and have been reenacting since I was 16 - so 16 years (with a 3 year break for uni). I thoroughly enjoy reenacting and see it getting better every year. We are a small group at the moment but make great efforts in getting our impression as correct as possible. We also invest allot of money into original fallschirmjager equipment (Ade if you still have those pics from 'Hands on History' meeting can you post them up for me).
                    I look forward to making alot of new contacts on this forum and sharing tips and ideas with everyone.

Good luck with the list.

Paul M
                    FJR2

Comment

Paul, 2 other reenactor forums I know of, one is the Wehrmacht reenactor group on Yahoo groups and there is a reenactment forum on the G43 collectors forum linked on my website.
                      Brian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X