Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kokoda ANZAC 2006

Hello All

Well kast month i survived the kokoda track and took plenty of pics along the way and now would like to share them with you.

I arrived at kokoda on the 16th of april on my 18th birthday and walked through the arches at Owers corner on the 24th of april, the day before ANZAC day so it was a very special trip for me I was the groups medic so it made for some pretty interesting experiences as well. Anyway im not much good at writing so ill let the photos do the talking
    I hope you enjoy the track!!!

Kindest Regards
    Jason

Leaving Perth domestic terminal.
    Attached Files

I have now flown from Perth to Melbourne and Melbourne to Cairns spending my first night ever sleeping on a airport bench, oh yeah this is my first time out of oz and my first time travelling alone This is the "International" flight from Cairns, Australia to Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    Attached Files

Comment

Leaving Australia, Notice the black electrical tape on the engine
      Attached Files

Comment

As you can see the flight to PNG was absolutely full, they had us packed in like sardines
        Attached Files

Comment

My first ever sighting of PNG
          Attached Files

Comment

Coming in to land i realised the hills over here were NOTHING like what i was used to, i think this is the first time i thought, what have i got myself in for, it wouldnt be the last time
            Attached Files

Comment

View from my hotel window, absolutely everything is covered in razor wire, this is nothing compared to other places
              Attached Files

Comment

Now after settling into our hotel rooms, myself and another young aussie i met on the flight over. Being very inexperienced at travelling and VERY STUPID we decided to see Port Moresby and exepted a lift around the place from some completley random local we met at the hotel, at this point (having just arrived in PNG we didnt realise how VERY STUPID this was, but it all ended up well
                I forgot to mention, as soon as you step of th plane you are hit by the heat and humidity, my sunglasses fogged up
                Attached Files

Comment

A view from the top of a hill with my back to the waters of port moresby
                  Attached Files

Comment

The view of the waters of Port Moresby notice the 2 shipwrecks, one of which is from the war
                    Attached Files

Comment

And heres myself with our guide/driver Daniel Wakra both Luke and myself were lucky that Daniel was such a genuine honest bloke
                      Attached Files

Comment

That night i met up with 3 other aussies with the same trecking company as myself, we went to the pub attatched to the hotel while waiting for a table at the nearbuy restaurant As a 17 year old this is my last ever "illegal" drink
                        Attached Files

Comment

Next morning we went for another tour with a convoy of vehicles from the trekking company. This is one of the stilt villages, seeing how these peaple live truly made me appreciate what we have back home
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chilling at the yacht club, so very different to the rest of Port Moresby. we are enjoying ourselves before flying out to kokoda at 0700hrs the following morning
                            Attached Files

Comment

16th of APRIL, my 18th birthday!!! And the plane that would take us to thes start of the track
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X