Repro helmet decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro helmet decals

Has anyone had any experiece with the repro helmet decals offered by the British firm at www.helmet-decals.co.uk ?

They claim that they are manufactured and applied in the same fashion as the originals were.

Any thoughts or opinions on quality, ease of application etc?

I believe they retail for aruond 25 Pounds each.

Last edited by kristensen; 02-17-2006, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Davis
      Has anyone had any experiece with the repro helmet decals offered by the British firm at www.helmet-decals.co.uk ?

They claim that they are manufactured and applied in the same fashion as the originals were.

Any thoughts or opinions on quality, ease of application etc?

I believe they retail for aruond 25 Pounds each.
      They are £15.00 each which IMO is a rip off, unless you plan to recoup your outlay by selling your helmet as decalled. The sellers state that this isn't the intention but they have no control over the product when it has left their premises.

John

Comment

decals

If they go on in the original fashion ( lacquer adhesion), would that not be far superior to the water slide type that crack and flake off.
        And look better than the 'celiphane' plastic surface of the dry transfer decals?

So no one has actualy tried these decals then?

If they 'look' authentic, would that not be worth the 15? The other types just look cheap and give the impression that one just does not give a s#!*.

Comment

decals

Good day to all;
          I have seen these decals before and after they have been used they look real good but not as thick as the orig.There is a Co. in eastern europe that puts out a really good set of decals that are the right thickness and are appailed the same as origs. they look to good.But a real expert can tell right off.
          This is just another way for the fakers to try and get you.As we all know the fakers are getting better and better.I am thankfull I got 90% of my helmets a long time ago from vets.

Good collecting
          Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X