Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bunker Life - GWA 2005 Fall Tactical

Kameraden and list members,

I hope you all enjoy these pics of 8 Kompagnie, Infanterie - Regiment Nr. 459 bunker during the Great War Association's 2005 Fall tactical. This year the overall Combat Commander decided to use our bunker for his Headquarters. Somewhere among these pictures was a misplaced Austrian Medic wandering around!

BTW this was not a normal Friday night for us, we were celebrating Geftr. Heberle's promotion to Unterofizier and his being awarded the Iron Cross!

Unterzahlmeister Potters u. Leutnant Beyer (IR63) taking a break from the action & enjoying some peace and quiet. One might think they were father and soon. Except Potters is a Bayern and Beyer is a Prussian - hmmm?

Msktr. Linden and other new recruits Listening to Msktr. "Opa" Beck (one of the old ones from the Franco-Prussian War) talking about the good ole days of 914. "When the French were full of pissn' vinegar." As he passes a bottle of Apflecorn to Msktr Prillwitz.

More Bunker Life Pictures...

Hauptmann Plack (while sporting his "red" smoking jacket and matching cap) relaxing with Unterzahlmeister Potters from the unusual quiet time we are having on the Front. Maybe they are smiling on the good fortunes of war - a lovely lady on our wall and a silver pitcher with matching goblets...

Msktr. Werner trying to explain to Geftr. Wacheleveski about the Jewish faith...and the difference between the "Milchedik" and the "Fleischidik."

Comment

Look there are still heros in the German Army in 1918! Unteroffizier. (Uffz) Heberle u. Msktr Wilkosz (Msktr. Schuster another from the war of '71, is in the background searching for his Trinkbecher. He is always looking for his Trinkbecher). Note: Uffz. Heberle is showing off his newly won Iron Cross, but later that evening...

Some of you in the modern military will call this "hazing" because we were making him drink/celebrate his promtion to Unteroffizier and his newly won Iron Cross with a doughboy but in reality our new Unteroffizier and the doughboy were bonding? Besides we were watching & recording the entire event.

Comment

Unterzahlmeister Potters interviewing an American Doughboy prisoner, who surrendered to an unarmed German carrying a cane and smoking a pipe. Funny don't that sound a lot like of our own Sgt. Stiebritz.

Hauptmann Plack leading 8 Kompagnie in a few patriotic songs! While our Unteroffizier toasts to everyones good fortune and again and again and - well you get the idea....

Comment

Misc Fall 2005 GWA Pics...

This picture alone should scare every doughboy into submission. Or at least haunt their dreams! The evil hun and his death machine! -- Msktr. Piepenstock u. Lola (our MG08).

Msktr. Heska (an Alte-haas from IR63) u. our favorite Austrian Medic (Jim Haught), posing for the camera.

Comment

Msktr. Piepenstock (formerly known as Cpl. Rick Lewis of the 80th Div) now of 8 Kompagnie, JR459 at his first event. You too can now witness the power of the darkside. (sorry personal joke).

Now isn't funny how the new recruits always tend to stick together while the old hands sit back and watch their mistakes -- Msktr. Prillwitz u. Msktr. Piepenstock, two new rekruts recently called up.

Comment

Even in our unit - there are just somethings you cannot come up with a comment on. For that matter would you want to...? See Msktr. Linden with his hand - uh - well - uh - never mind!

Comment

Another WW1 Reenacting picture

Lt. Matt Williamson and the Hauptmann Plack telling stories as the after effects of Türkenblut and Apflecorn. Note our Christmas tree behind Hauptmann Plack. We celebrated Christmas 1917 in our bunker

Comment

aww i see no mess kits of rumalade Always good to see pics of Newville

Comment

Just found these pictures, and I must say im very impressed! Im not into ww1, or reenactment, but I must say you guys have done a heck of a job! This is the most "livinng" reenactment photos I have ever seen!

Thanks for posting, and please post some more!

Cheers
                    Øyvind

Comment

Just found these pictures, and I must say im very impressed! Im not into ww1, or reenactment, but I must say you guys have done a heck of a job! This is the most "livinng" reenactment photos I have ever seen!
                      Herr ******216;yvind,

Thanks for the kind words! We do try and "do it right!" You can also try looking at another gallery:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=106052

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X