DRK Nurse Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRK Nurse Grouping

My girlfriends great Aunt is dying and I had to help clean out her apartment. She was in a HJ youth shelter for kids in Czech. The rest of it is on its way when she passes on.I actually had to dig this lot out of the garbage because the rest of the family didnt want it. They seem more interested in jewelry Her DRK Ausweiss buch is held on the side for me along with her foto album with HJ leaders and high ranking officials.Also her enameled red cross pin and about 500 postcards which some have SS briefmarks on,,seems she dated a lot of soldiers Unfortunatlely I will have more to show you guys in the following weeks
    Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi Dion, this is very sad to read about but at least her items from her youth are going to go to someone who will take care of them.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Dion, you're a great guy for caring
        I know some former DRK-Schwester as well but they never "dated" the soldiers, the writing and such was actually part of the medical care. There's only so much you can do with a needle and a towel. A smile often does more to keep one alive.

Comment

I will take care of the whole lot Ade,,It really doesnt fit in with my displays but I think I saved this stuff from getting trashed,,especially all the paper items.

The place she was stationed at was a HJ lager,,it was more or less for HJ kids to have refuge from the bombings in Germany. There were no wounded soldiers or anything like that,,the lager in the fotos looks more like a ski resort and the countryside is extremely beautiful! Most of the people including the Nazi officials looked very happy,more like they were on holiday nad very far from the war. The photo album is really amazing,,you get a really different look at the HJ and BDM. Instead of the typical fighting and drum beating HJ clips we see, you see them playing in the sun, doing schoolwork and other relaxed activities. A lot of the docs. she saved were dietary plans and daily activities for the HJ kids. Most of the postcards were to and from her brother from WSS field posts. Others to her serious boyfrriend who was KIA in the last week of the war,,seems she also had some other soldier boyfriends , but no long lasting correspondence as the KIA guy. The tin in the foto is a special dressing for burns,,unbelievably after 60+ years,,it is still in great condition being preserved in the wax paper inside the tin
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Dion,

It's nice that you will preserve a piece of her history.

What is sad is this happens everyday with history being thrown in the trash. I am glad yopu are there to save it.

GReg

Comment

The present German red cross comes and empties these apartments,,I asked what they do with all the war stuff and they told me to come look at their collection point which they sell stuff out of,,might be worth a look,,Iam going there on Thursday
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X