Surviving U-Boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surviving U-Boots?

Is there a list somewhere of U-Boots that are now in museums? Does anyone have an idea of how many are left?
    Thanks!
    Marc

I know of the U-505 in Chicago, U-534 at Birkenhead, U-2540 at Bremerhaven...

Originally posted by Flak88
    Is there a list somewhere of U-Boots that are now in museums? Does anyone have an idea of how many are left?
    Thanks!
    Marc

I know of the U-505 in Chicago, U-534 at Birkenhead, U-2540 at Bremerhaven...
    There's the famous U-995 in Laboe, and a less well known Typ II Boat (CV707) in Finland. I think there are several surviving midget boats, the IWM in London has a Biber.

Ray

Comment

Theres one in liverpool!

Comment

Hi Marc, a month ago I went to the one in Laboe, I must say it's very impressive to see such a large sigar!

Kind regards,
        Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Is there not one in Portsmouth somewhere? i seem to remember going inside one as a kid? I think it was portsmouth? Or maybe it was London somewhere? I was only about 10 so it was a while ago.

Maybe some of you other UK guys might know?

Comment

Can you believe there where actually people in there, under water, being hunted like a wounded dear? I rather took my chances at the eastrn front, at least there you could see the enemy...

Originally posted by Giel
            Hi Marc, a month ago I went to the one in Laboe, I must say it's very impressive to see such a large sigar!

Comment

Could you took a look at the inside Giel?

Comment

Could you took a look at the inside Giel?

Comment

I think it's time for me to go vote on that poll wheiter I ever being drunk at the forum...

Comment

Nick euhm yes you could go in.

Sorry to say Nick, but you are acting quite strangly last hours, something happened?
                    Kind regards,
                    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

I yust asked I you could visit the inside...

Originally posted by Giel
                      Nick euhm yes you could go in.

Sorry to say Nick, but you are acting quite strangly last hours, something happened?

Comment

Great pick Giel! Thanks for all the info guys. Can you believe they took those little things on the Atlantic!?!?

Marc

Comment

My point exactally, pretty crazy...

Originally posted by Flak88
                          Great pick Giel! Thanks for all the info guys. Can you believe they took those little things on the Atlantic!?!?

Marc

Comment

I just saw the 505 last week during my business trip to Chicago.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X