• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention British Veterans

http://www.britishveterans.org.uk/index.html

I know it is a bit of a gimmick, but you might save a few quid

Cheers, Ade.

Not too bad some of those discounts. I may just be tempted..except it costs money and you could probably do just as well shopping around yourself and it's something the MOD should do anyway. Don't the American vets get certain benefits and priviliges upon leaving?

Now wouldn't it be nice to see HMG stepping up and offering veterans, say 1% off your income tax, or a couple of % off VAT on everything you buy. You know as a sort of thankyou for your service to the nation.
    Last edited by Simon O.; 08-08-2005, 12:25 PM.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hey Simon,

It would have been nice wouldn't it when on these 'operational tours' as such we did, if like other countries we hadn't have had to pay tax. That always griped me on the piss arse tours I did, the Canadian's etc didn't pay tax

I'd have been quids in Instead I got an extra 5.55 pounds a day LSSA (Long service seperation allowance)..which guess what mean't I payed a tiny bit more tax

The so and so's

Kr

Marcus

Comment

True Marcus,
        but LOA meant I earnt a lot more whilst in Germany about £150 in my hand if I remember rightly, and add to that booze/tabs/petrol/cars etc etc was all tax free, when I got posted back to the UK after 5 years of that it crippled me!!!!!!!!

cheers, Rik

Originally posted by Marcus Hatton
        Hey Simon,

It would have been nice wouldn't it when on these 'operational tours' as such we did, if like other countries we hadn't have had to pay tax. That always griped me on the piss arse tours I did, the Canadian's etc didn't pay tax

I'd have been quids in Instead I got an extra 5.55 pounds a day LSSA (Long service seperation allowance)..which guess what mean't I payed a tiny bit more tax

The so and so's

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Hello troops,
          My first post on here so bare with me. I'm still in, just approaching my 17 year point having spent the last 14 years in the UK. My MCM DIV have just seen fit to send me back to Germany (Paderborn) next March, try as i might i can't get out of it.
          I think LOA is being reduced again, typical, not sure to what from what! For me thats the only benefit of going back there as it's f**king with my families stability at this stage of my career.
          Anyway supose i signed on the dotted line (thats a **** cliche!)
          All the best from one disillusioned Squaddie,
          Mark.C.

Comment

Welcome Mark,

Paderborn eh ! I was there twice, Barker in 96 and Allanbrook in 99, you'll be ok as long as you don't get sent to Normandy, a large sparse hole

Germany was great in the DM day's, now it's pretty much 50/50 with the odd benefit, not a good move though if you have kids, and the pad a kind a forced lump it or like it enviroment for the family.

The wife and I will go back there one day, used to go to an Italian family run pizza place, best pizza I've ever had, on the main drag from the main gates at Allanbrooke. Best thing was no other army types went in there, so you could escape.

Kr

Marcus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X