Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munich Trip-3rd Reich Quiz

Hi folks,
    i just got back from a 6 country trip to Europe a couple of days a ago. I take a group of high school students with me every couple of years.

I visited some famous sites in Munich that are Nazi related. Let us see who can spot where I was at.
    Regards,
    Jody

Photo #1 the interlocking swastika ceilings are still there. Where is this picture taken from?
    Attached Files

3rd Reich Quiz

Photo #2. Where am I at? What am I pointing at?
    Attached Files

Comment

3rd Reich Quiz

Photo #3. What building is this?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jody,

I have been to Munich many moons ago when I was a young teen. I would love to go back and see all the sites as you have just done. My answers to your locations...

1. the Fuhrerbau where the 1938 Munich Agreement was signed with Neville Chamberlain.

2. The Feldherrnhalle at the position where the plaque was mounted honouring the fallen from the 1923 Putsch.

3. Hitler's residence...and where his niece, Geli Raubel was found dead from commiting suicide.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
          Hi Jody,

I have been to Munich many moons ago when I was a young teen. I would love to go back and see all the sites as you have just done. My answers to your locations...

1. the Fuhrerbau where the 1938 Munich Agreement was signed with Neville Chamberlain.

2. The Feldherrnhalle at the position where the plaque was mounted honouring the fallen from the 1923 Putsch.

3. Hitler's residence...and where his niece, Geli Raubel was found dead from commiting suicide.

Cheers,
          Hello,
          Very good, but your answer to #1 is incorrect. Please try again.
          Regards,
          Jody

Comment

I lived there 4 months 2 years ago and I didn't notice those places. Please can you tell me on wich street is located the Feldherrnhalle.
            Is it not so far from the university ?
            Last edited by Soviet; 07-31-2005, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
              Hello,
              Regards,
              Jody
              The Haus der Deutschen Kunst? The art museum.

Munich was a great place to visit. I must go back.

Comment

Mark's right about no.1.

The swastikas are in the roof space above the entrance to the Haus der Deutschen Kunst (or the Haus der Kunst as they call it today).

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Beltram
                  Hello,
                  Regards,
                  Jody
                  See? That's why I need to go back to Munich

Comment

3rd Reich Quiz

Originally posted by Mark R
                    The Haus der Deutschen Kunst? The art museum.

Munich was a great place to visit. I must go back.
                    Hello,
                    Yes, you are correct! I knew that would be a tough one.
                    Regards,
                    Jody

Comment

Jody,

Here is something you might be interested to see. I have an original postcard photo of the FHH putsch site that was constantly guarded by units of the SS. Below it is a photo of the same site which a friend of mine took while in Munich. I gave him a copy of the top "then" image and asked him to take a similar "now" image from the same vantage point. Here is the result.

Comment

And...here is the result of combining the two images. The "then" has been made ghostly by making it transparent. It has then been overlayed onto the "now" image. You can see the old SS guards at their positions while the people of today casually walk by.

Comment

Wow!! Super work......looks eerie!! Great photo work.

Thanks,
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
                            Jody,

Here is something you might be interested to see. I have an original postcard photo of the FHH putsch site that was constantly guarded by units of the SS. Below it is a photo of the same site which a friend of mine took while in Munich. I gave him a copy of the top "then" image and asked him to take a similar "now" image from the same vantage point. Here is the result.

Hi Darryl,
                            Very interesting. Thank you very much. Here are some other images I took of it.
                            Regards,
                            Jody
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the extra images, Jody. I really do have to get back and do some sightseeing in Munich...and perhaps quoff a beer or two! I would also like to see the old Reichsparteitag grounds near Nurnberg.

Here is a nother image which lent itself well to being transposed onto the "now" image my friend took at the FHH. This one shows Himmler and two SS officers laying a wreath at the site on 9 Nov 1934. You can just make out Jakob Grimminger holding the Blutfahne.

Last edited by darryl-P; 07-31-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X