Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russellh
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russellh
              Attached Files

Comment

cool! il so try and make it for next year!!! very much all good!! keep though pics coming!!!love the shot of the yak and p51 on take off!!

Comment

Thanks! Nice pictures! I have bad news about one of the 109s. It made a crash landing last week and is nearly completely destroyed. Fortunately the pilot was not injured.

http://www.suedwest-aktiv.de/region/...be56e1c82b46e8

http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/ph...hp?flugzeug=83

Comment

ah no!! they seem almost bloody jinxed they do! is it worth such a rare aircraft being put into the sky if that can happen to it!!!

Comment

Thats a real shame.

Hope they rebuild it.
                      Russell
                      Originally posted by JensF.
                      Thanks! Nice pictures! I have bad news about one of the 109s. It made a crash landing last week and is nearly completely destroyed. Fortunately the pilot was not injured.

http://www.suedwest-aktiv.de/region/...be56e1c82b46e8

http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/ph...hp?flugzeug=83

Comment

A bit of a threadjack-I was at the "Thunder over Michigan" airshow at Willow Run airport saturday. EIGHT B-17s were there, along with two B-24s (although, sadly, no Ford-built ones), 3 B-25s, and a whole slew of all the famous WW2 fighters and bombers,including three P-47s. The highlight, however, had to be the presence of an Me-109-a German one-not an Hispano. From what I understand,it had come out of Russia. It flew in mock combat with the P-47s several times that day. We had a small battle reenactment, and the 109 strafed the American troops until being chased away by the Thunderbolts. Then we moved in for the inevitable triumph I carried off the "wounded" in my '42 Dodge WC-51.
                        I live rather close to the airport, and on Sunday,as I was working in my yard,four of the B-17s roared over my house in single file at very low level,and then formed up in a "box".I just stood there amazed, thinking this must have been a bit like what it was like in England in '44. I don't expect we will be able to enjoy the sight of these big birds flying for too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by boyt44
                          I was at the "Thunder over Michigan" airshow at Willow Run airport saturday. EIGHT B-17s were there, along with two B-24s (although, sadly, no Ford-built ones), 3 B-25s, and a whole slew of all the famous WW2 fighters and bombers,including three P-47s.
                          WOW, eight B-17s
                          I saw once two (Duxfords "Sally B" and the French "Pink Lady") and that is already special for us in Europe.
                          Olivier

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X