Looking for German tank Vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for German tank Vets

I'm currently filming a documentary for the History Channel. The show revolves around the first all black tanker crew. We are taking them to Germany to meet German tanker vets. We need help locating any German tanker vet who would be interested in meeting these guys and to be interviewed for the show! We know alot of German Vets want to put the war behind them due to ignorance from people who lump all German soldiers into the catagory of evil Nazi, which is so unfair. The History Channel has proven itself on protraying, educating and showing respect to all veterans from all countries. With this documentary the utmost respect will be followed. These guys really want to meet the guys they fought against mostlybecause they never fought them eye to eye and with this show they can finally meet in peace. The show wants to leave for Germany as soon as possible so any info or leads would be amazing!

I know a German tanker vet personally, but alas, he lives here in Canada now.

Comment

A friend of mine Jim Haley has been invited to a number of 24th Panzer veteran meetings in Germany. He might be interested in setting something up (he speaks German fluently) along with another friend COL Bill Liles. I will send you some further info by PM. Bill

Comment

How about a KC holder?

Originally posted by wittmannfan22
        I'm currently filming a documentary for the History Channel. The show revolves around the first all black tanker crew. We are taking them to Germany to meet German tanker vets. We need help locating any German tanker vet who would be interested in meeting these guys and to be interviewed for the show! We know alot of German Vets want to put the war behind them due to ignorance from people who lump all German soldiers into the catagory of evil Nazi, which is so unfair. The History Channel has proven itself on protraying, educating and showing respect to all veterans from all countries. With this documentary the utmost respect will be followed. These guys really want to meet the guys they fought against mostlybecause they never fought them eye to eye and with this show they can finally meet in peace. The show wants to leave for Germany as soon as possible so any info or leads would be amazing!
        Hi there

how about a KC and german cross in Gold holder of the heavy tankhunter Bat. 519? He was a Jagdpanther commander and got his KC for actions around Schmidt / Hurtgen forest when he and his 5 Jagdpanthers made a counter attack. He might be interested.

If you are interested drop me an e-mail to outlaws@bluewin.ch

Jürg
        Strength and Honour
        http://standwheretheyfought.jimdo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
          A friend of mine Jim Haley has been invited to a number of 24th Panzer veteran meetings in Germany. He might be interested in setting something up (he speaks German fluently) along with another friend COL Bill Liles. I will send you some further info by PM. Bill
          This would be great!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get more info from you- Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jürg
            Hi there

how about a KC and german cross in Gold holder of the heavy tankhunter Bat. 519? He was a Jagdpanther commander and got his KC for actions around Schmidt / Hurtgen forest when he and his 5 Jagdpanthers made a counter attack. He might be interested.

If you are interested drop me an e-mail to outlaws@bluewin.ch

Jürg
            I emailed you back - thank you for any info you can help with!

Comment

German vets

Originally posted by wittmannfan22
              This would be great!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get more info from you- Thanks!!!
              I live in Col Ohio and know 2 vets here , one in the 1st pz div(he was a gunner in a hetzer then a tiger), another was in the 2nd SS and he was a panther driver. Unfortunately when I called and asked them about meeting for this type of interview they said no. No because the "History" channel isn't fair in telling stories about them. I asked quite shockingly why they felt like that and Herr Gost from the 1st pz said the victor gets to right the history of the war which they lie about. Herr Theinert said that he was a soldier of light fighting against ingnorance and darkness in a holy war. I know another Panzer man that lives in Bonn and he may be interested. He was in the 24th pz div and was a officer and commanded a pz IV. He won the DKiG, and loves to meet with people who are interested in hearing his stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ahnenerbe
                I live in Col Ohio and know 2 vets here , one in the 1st pz div(he was a gunner in a hetzer then a tiger), another was in the 2nd SS and he was a panther driver. Unfortunately when I called and asked them about meeting for this type of interview they said no. No because the "History" channel isn't fair in telling stories about them. I asked quite shockingly why they felt like that and Herr Gost from the 1st pz said the victor gets to right the history of the war which they lie about. Herr Theinert said that he was a soldier of light fighting against ingnorance and darkness in a holy war. I know another Panzer man that lives in Bonn and he may be interested. He was in the 24th pz div and was a officer and commanded a pz IV. He won the DKiG, and loves to meet with people who are interested in hearing his stories.
                If you could please pass this info, it would be fabulous!!! My personal email is keatonfan22@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
                  A friend of mine Jim Haley has been invited to a number of 24th Panzer veteran meetings in Germany.
                  There wouldn't be very many veterans, only those that were lucky enough to have been transferred or wounded & medivac out before the 24th was annihilated in Stalingrad.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X