Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware! You will not get what you pay for!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware! You will not get what you pay for!

Hi Guys, I am posting this thread in order to warn the members here about a uniform supplier in India. He is using photos of original WW2 uniforms stolen from different books and websites (Including mine and my wifes ATS website ) which purport to show his copies. Please be aware that the goods you will recieve will not be anything like those shown! I have taken up the matter with him and given him time to remove these images. I was promised they would be removed by last Wednesday at the latest. He has not done this.

http://www.replicaters.com/womenuniforms.html

If you go through all his pages of photos many of you will recognise where they come from? (Osprey, Windrow & Green, H&C) I have been in touch with the publishers of the books used and several of the authors will be taking up the issue of copyrite with him. A fellow forum members website (Tod Rathbone) has also been robbed of images and I have informed him also.

My own British LH group (Summer of '44) is listed as a buyer from him of which we most certainly are not! Other groups have been listed despite never having made any purchases from him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 06-18-2005, 05:37 AM.

I reconized few pictures from that crap website. This guy must be hanged.

Comment

Hi Berhard, thank you for your comments. I would not go quite that far but I would certainly like to see his activities and poor business pratices curtailed.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Adrian.
        Have you informed the other groups about this? Inform the owner of the site that serius legal action will be taken and that collectors, historians and re'enactor groups worldwide will be contacted.

Cheers.
        Peter

Comment

Inform his service provider of his actions this might help to take down the site.

Comment

Here is more info on him

Domain Name: REPLICATERS.COM

Registrant:
            Ujna Universal
            Suri Sanjay (sonu_b_98@yahoo.com)
            123/430 fazal ganj industrial area
            kanpur
            UP,111
            IN
            Tel. +91.512551129

Creation Date: 01-Jul-2000
            Expiration Date: 01-Jul-2009

Domain servers in listed order:
            ns.ecohostnet.com
            ns2.ecohostnet.com

Administrative Contact:
            Ujna Universal
            kanpur
            UP,111
            IN
            Tel. +91.512551129

Technical Contact:
            Ujna Universal
            kanpur
            UP,111
            IN
            Tel. +91.512551129

Billing Contact:
            Ujna Universal
            kanpur
            UP,111
            IN
            Tel. +91.512551129

Comment

Hi Peter, I have indeed warned him that he could get trouble with his site.

Hi Billy, many thanks for that info. I will take it up with them. I will pass this info to Tod too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I counted items from three reference books that I have an at least four different websites....

Don

Comment

Hi Don, yes, you are correct.

However, today the photos which were taken from mine & my wife's ATS website have been removed But it took a lot of writing and complaining to get it done. One author has got his photos removed too.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I am glad that things gets solved Adrian.

Cheers.
                    Peter

Comment

USUALLY when you post a picture of a pride and joy piece from your collection on our forum you can sleep easy knowing it will not be used without your permission for illicit purposes, but who knows? It's a big, bad world out there so CONSIDER using copywrite script when you post your pictures. I don't like seeing it any more than you do, but if you feel it is warranted, call it a neccesary evil and use it. It does not even have to be big, or in your face, just placed so as to deter the scumbags of the world like Roger Honts from copying it and using it on Ebay or their own crap website. When I display one of my helmets or uniforms, I'm not too concerned, but when I display my TD badges? You bet I safeguard them. That is like eye candy to anyone who would use them to deceive and defraud decent, honest people like Jake R. Otherwise sleep with one eye open.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X