Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing your photos from your trip!

Comment

Wonderful pics, Tim, thanks! (and thanks for the ads!)

You all had SUPERB weather on the Obersalzberg, and you've got a great camera as well!

Geoff

Comment

Excellent thrread. Nice historical facts back up with war time pictures. Great infos. I am very envious as I want to see all these places as well...

Thanks bud

Seb
        The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
        Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
        www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Great show.. seems you guys had a great time, fawking A..
          I see no detectors and shovels..
          Herr H was known for putting things in the ground in his spare time, now a disorder, but not those days.. loads of items are still missing, he first had them and suddenly they were gone.., always be prepared on such a trip.. remove wallpaper, look under the bed, wooden floors can hide something.. A magnet ..

J.

Comment

Hitlers Bunkers and tunnels

Hunting Hitler sewries is exploring some extra cool bunkers in the area,,ignore the shows premise if you want, enjoy the tours of nazi builingds and bunker systems exposed.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and added pics everybody.
              I totally appreciate the appreciation. As did Pajamas Gene. You made her day.
              She is a good sport.

Geoff, all the pictures were taken with my phone, a Samsung 8+
              I wish I had been able to bring the Nikon.
              I probably would have botched em though as I really don't know much about real cameras.

@ birdie;
              Funny you should mention the Hunting Hitler series.
              3 days ago I was sitting at the computer putting these photos in order.
              The TV was on behind me on mute.
              I turned around and what do I see?
              The Berghof site! I almost fell over it was so unreal.
              Once I turned up the volume I heard them dramatizing and saw the charade.
              But I agree....at least we are seeing something!

I also forgot to mention my friend who Photoshopped up the first 2 shots of the WAF girls. I've know him for almost 50 years. Nice job Dan Sanborn!
              Here is another of his SOS specials... I sure hope your new book sells Tom!
              Attached Files

Comment

Awesome thread

Most enjoyable,,,looking forward to your next trip.

Comment

Great thread, Tim!

The Green Manalishi made me laugh hard (again)!

Cheers,
                  Frank
                  Cheers, Frank

Comment

Hahaha!

Hey Frank-tüfel! Great to see you!

I just went through the thread and noticed these pictures blending together.
                    The mountains and everything fit together almost perfectly!
                    Waterline is a tad off, but pretty cool.
                    It was a happy accident.
                    (kinda like when Miss Pajamas sits on my lap)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice "re-visit", Tim!
                      Both times we went there, we had too many clouds - and even some rain. Looks like you hit the Jackpot on awesome weather.

Comment

WOW, KK, you have outdone yourself. Your 'snaps' brought back lots of memories for me and my trips to the Vaterland. Your really did an excellent job of the 'then' and 'now'! I always relished my stays at Zum Turken. I couldn't get enough time in the lower bunkers. I wanted to tear down the bricks and explore 'a bit further'!

A little tidbit that was shared with me by an 'oldtimer' in Munchen .... the lion with the shield at the sight of the 'shots fired' ..... if you notice the small head and nose on the bottom of the shield, it is not faded with patina and age. It looks brightly polished, revealing the brass/bronze casting. As the 'oldtimers' walk past the lion, they brush the palm of their hand on the small nose, which as the story goes, will bring you good luck. Ironically, with the height of the nose where it is, one has to extend and lift their arm up to rub the nose. If I didn't know better, I would think it was Heil Hitler salute ....

Does Pajama want to explain how she acquired her nickname. Just sayin'!

"You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

Thanks, Tim! That must have been a helluva a trip! Good presentation

Comment

This was an awesome night with everyone! This photo the Turken bar. And BY THE WAY... SOMEONE did not put a beer on the sheet. Next morning I got scolded. The bishes were all behind the bar getting wasted.
                            Attached Files

Comment

At the Berghof spot where the great window was located. Probably eleven or so at night. I have a new lens with an amazing aperture and captured the big dipper, no not you Tim, in the photo. I think it's cool.
                              Attached Files

Comment

At the Hof Brau with the Mr and Mrs. This may be the only photo Tim isn't flipping me off. So cute
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X