SS Reproduction Visor Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Reproduction Visor Cap

Hi guys, I hope I'm posting this on the correct area because I didn't know where I can ask for help. I'm in the process of pre-production of a short film and we are going to need a SS Visor cap to shoot a couple of scenes and I want to ask if anyone knows where I can buy a decent replica, something that can look good and belivable on camera and not that cheap look...

Best Regards!
    Last edited by JohnnieDarko; 05-15-2020, 04:20 PM.

Originally posted by JohnnieDarko View Post
    Hi guys, I hope I'm posting this on the correct area because I didn't know where I can ask for help. I'm in the process of pre-production of a short film and we are going to need a SS Visor cap to shoot a couple of scenes and I want to ask if anyone knows where I can buy a decent replica, something that can look good and belivable on camera and not that cheap look...

Best Regards!
    While Im used to zombies I know that it does not take much to fool the camera. It all depends on what you are after and of course what kind of budget your production has. Just the cap then?

Honestly having bought from Top Pots and ATF (At the Front) I would say SS reproduction caps are plentiful on Ebay with a good 'look' for just over $135 US. I noted a couple at $40 plus $20 shipping. Lighting and a good DP can make up for the rest along with a good editor for Post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-GERMAN-...-/254496204084
    Attached Files

Comment

We already worked out the outfit only thing missing right now is the cap, I would say the budget would go for 150€ max, since we don't have one to test the camera I wanted a good replica so we can do close up shots and I'm afraid a bad one would not give the proper realness to the scene, we have a key scene where the man dresses up in front of a mirror and I need that to be perfect and get all the super neat details in the close up, we are using real ss collar tabs and medals and couple or real propa I've borrowed but a real ss Visor cap we didn't find

Comment

Yeah, you can definitely source one with that budget that will fill your needs.

The link I sent for that vendor has some visor caps that to me have the proper look fashionable for that time and evident in war time images. If you look at them they photograph much better than the one I received from Top Pots which was said to be an Erel clone down to the tag. I paid less than $100 like I said and the old saying, you get what you paid for rings true. Super sloppy. Insignia is only tacked on. Probably why he does not sell them anymore.

From experience anything you get from someone priced higher like ATF or SMWholesale will be new, not lived in..

Just my opinion on these. You know what you're after. Also applaud you for living your dream.

Cheers!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieDarko View Post
          We already worked out the outfit only thing missing right now is the cap, I would say the budget would go for 150€ max, since we don't have one to test the camera I wanted a good replica so we can do close up shots and I'm afraid a bad one would not give the proper realness to the scene, we have a key scene where the man dresses up in front of a mirror and I need that to be perfect and get all the super neat details in the close up, we are using real ss collar tabs and medals and couple or real propa I've borrowed but a real ss Visor cap we didn't find
          I'd say there are three tiers to repro caps atm. At the bottom would be Chinese junk, mid level would be the "Erels", and the top tier would be Janke. The "Erels" seem plentiful, and can be had just about anywhere. If you live in Europa and want a Janke then look here,

https://www.extraklasse.co.uk/index....te=common/home

Keep in mind that the plague has apparently forced Janke to shut down in the interim though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X