Mussolini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mussolini

Reading that on this date in 1945 Mussolini and friend were executed by partisans. Are there any uniform/ military items existing attributed to him? I'm not a collector of Italian stuff so have no idea but do wonder.

A black shirt, cap, and boots (supposedly his) are on display in his crypt:
    Attached Files

Comment

I heard of a stripped uniform that surfaced years ago and that it can be attributed to him. I read an article about it in a militaria magazine, and believe this tunic is in an italian collection.

Comment

Originally posted by fldjr View Post
        A black shirt, cap, and boots (supposedly his) are on display in his crypt:
        I never knew this even existed. Mussolini must still be somewhat popular in his home country.

Comment

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
          I never knew this even existed. Mussolini must still be somewhat popular in his home country.
          Appears so and surrounded by "holy relics" bizarre to say the least

Comment

Mussolini souvenirs

Originally posted by darrenbate View Post
            Even today you can go and buy Mussolini souvenirs in some shops i.e. Plaster busts,fridge magnets ,badges etc!!

Comment

Pauke, I have seen an great emotion to see this tomb; I remember my first time I was 17 years old THANKS for sharing it.
              Best
              Raff
              "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

I know where his early fez is.

Comment

A few photos made of his execution site a few years ago...
                  Attached Files

Comment

In Predappio many families live thanks to the tourists that come to visit the place where he was born and is burried: restaurants, souvenir shops, B&Bs...
                    And this since the '60s! My uncle told me that he went there once and during the visit a peasant offered him "the original greatcoat of the Duce" with a great story included, for a certain amount of money. He declined of course.
                    My uncle was not a collector, so he was not able to say if the coat was original, but he was sure that the guy had at home an entire pile of Mussolini's coats ready to sell!
                    Last edited by Ironcrown; 04-30-2020, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all contributors so far. It has been an education as I never saw anything regarding Il Duce post-war. I assumed his body was disposed of and yet he has a crypt. It would be interesting to also get an idea about how he is remembered in the nation in general. Certainly totally different from der Fuehrer. Please comment for us ignorant non-Italians!

Comment

I can speak for my family they were all was fascists; my mother is still alive 90 years remembers the Duce
                        as a child girl who loved Mussolini (Piccola Italiana) A man who loved his nation may have made many mistakes
                        for example the racial laws 1938 but always tried to protect the Jews until 1943 none lager or camps; we remember
                        that one of his important woman lover was jewish woman Margherita Sarfatti author and writer of the
                        famous book DUX. He was certainly not a thief like many Italian politicians of today that have destroy Italy
                        with the democratic praxis of the words.
                        Best
                        Raff
                        Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 05-01-2020, 04:27 PM.
                        "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Thank you for your input, Raff. Your Mother's story reminds me of the grandmother of a German family I knew long ago who still celebrated the Kaiser's birthday and could tell you all sorts of things about his family. She didn't exactly extend that loving feeling towards Adolf, however.

Comment

Here in Italy this is still a very complicate argument. The country fought one and a half year of civil war (1943-1945) and even after ww2 there were many acts of violence between left and right hand movements. During the civil war partisans attacked and killed many fascists, in return RSI fascist squads captured, tortured and killed many partisans. And when the war was over, the partisans sought a revenge from these acts and killed many thousands of fascists, not all being guilty of having committed particular crimes.
                            Many families, either fascist and anti-fascist, have suffered during that period and even today the feelings are different. There's still somebody that brings fresh flowers to Mussolini's grave, but there is also who would like to ban all fascist symbols like in Germany.
                            Last edited by Ironcrown; 05-02-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

agree with Ironcrown the RSI was a tragedy of the italian history
                              in absolutely we remember the FOIBE "foibe massacres" by Tito
                              yugoslavia partisans started an ethnical war to clean the land
                              even italians who were not fascists was killed because they were
                              not communists; but this might seem like a political speech and
                              I think the members are more interested in the history than in the
                              political ideology.

In photo (1939) my grandfather's brother was partecipate at the March of Rome
                              was etusiastic old fascist member of the party the grade "sector chef"
                              Best
                              Raff

P.S about "foibe massacres"
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foibe_massacres
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Raffaello Carola; 05-02-2020, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X