No announcement yet.

Maj. John McCormick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the kind words . . . Sometimes we have to do what we feel must be done. Mac will be very surprised very soon.

Comment

Today we honored our fellow faculty member with a surprise farewell party. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. It was a great moment for Mac and a memorable one for me.

The homemaking department went all out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mott5ranch; 05-17-2005, 07:57 PM.

Comment

While we were waiting on the guest of honor I took a few pictures of the food.

Fat guys do that.
        Attached Files

Comment

In walked the Major and he was a little taken back.
          Attached Files

Comment

After a little roasting and sharing fond memories over the years . . I presented him with his awards display. As you can see the old war dog teared up . . . . we all did.
            Attached Files

Comment

Well, that's it guys and gals. You've seen it from start to finish. I hope you enjoyed this sentimental thread that honors an old vet. It was a great experience for me and a memory that I'll always cherish.

In closing this little story here is the last picture of me and my friend, Maj. John McCormick.
              Attached Files

Comment

Gary, what a great gift and gesture of friendhip and respect ! However, I just noticed that the Legion of Merit in the display is an Officer version, which I think is only awarded to non-U.S. senior military officials equivalent to the rank of colonel or above. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.

Best,
                John
                Last edited by John F.; 05-17-2005, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Good one

As I have said before great thread & great effort on your behalf

Regards
                  Craig
                  Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
                  High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

Respect...

Very fine gesture of your respect for a friend,Gary.

Well done...

Comment

Originally posted by John F.
                      Gary, what a great gift and gesture of friendhip and respect ! However, I just noticed that the Legion of Merit in the display is an Officer version, which I think is only awarded to non-U.S. senior military officials equivalent to the rank of colonel or above. If I am wrong I apologize in advance.

Best,
                      John
                      You're correct, John. I was given that heads up by Dave, aka-NavyFCO, a week ago. I appreciate the heads up.

Gary

(By the way, here is an email I found in my mailbox this morning from Mac.)

Gary,

Wanted you to know that the beautiful work of art is in the living room (too nice for the war room) in the center on the shelf between my Napoleon soldier collection and the Print of him on horseback......opposite the pictures of West Point uniforms. I have never felt so honored and there is no way I can thank you for all your work and effort. I now have a legacy to go along with 20 years military and some 30 in education.......you are one of a kind, my friend, and I would have served with an officer of your caliber anytime, anyplace.
                      Thanks again.!!
                      JM

Comment

Hi Gary!!
                        Great job and thanks for doing the right thing for a fellow American. I know that he is proud and you should be also. Take care.
                        Best Regards,
                        Dick

Comment

I wish I could have seen the old guys cry. I don't get it. Give a present and everbody cries. What the heck is that all about?

I'd be happy if some body gave me a case of medals . . specially if I won them!
                          Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
                          -the fear of long words . . . .

Comment

Outstanding effort !!!!!
                            Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                            ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Mott
                              I wish I could have seen the old guys cry. I don't get it. Give a present and everbody cries. What the heck is that all about?

I'd be happy if some body gave me a case of medals . . specially if I won them!
                              Those are tears of joy & appreciation. Don't worry Erik, when you get to be an "old guy", you will understand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X