Looking for Family Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Family Documents

Dont know if this is the right place to post but looking for anything related to my Grandfather Max Grebner born in Augsburg and lived in Furth. I have several military photos but nothing about which Unit/Regiment othe than a photo of him in a desert. My mother said he was in Eqypt at some point. Also looking for his brother Herbert Grebner Killed in Russia.
    Johann (Hans) Stressner also killed in Russia. I have his war grave photo.
    My Great Uncle Peter Pabst who survived the war.

Thanks

Did you tried the WAST?

Comment

Yes, Mom said they were killen in Russia. I have found them both on WAST. Just hoping somebody would know or have documents from any of my listed relatives

Comment

If you have some photos they might give an idea as to the branch he was in within the German army. If he was in Africa and Egypt that would indicate the Arika Korp but even that does little considering the amount of army units engaged in the AK.

It’s possible your relatives documents exists but finding them would be rather difficult unless a document collector may have possibly purchased them.

You might want to take another run at the Deutsche Dienstelle since you are direct relatives. If their histories are on file that will at least give you the unit they served with , ranks and possible some additional information.

Good luck it a genealogy search to be sure.

Regards
        Jeremy

Comment

https://www.volksbund.de/it/graebersuche.html

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X