WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS files of my grand'pa - please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS files of my grand'pa - please help me!

Hi everyone,

I try to group some evidences of my grand-pa's military career during the WW2.

I know that he was an SS soldier, that he fought on eastern front (inclued Warsaw 1944), that he got the EK and that he deserted in 1945 (maybe in North-Italy) before joining the French Foreign Legion.

Today, I have just recieved this files from the Bundesarchiv. But I understand... nothing! It's very hard to read and translate.

- What are this files?
    - What is his unit?
    - What is this stamp and have you some information on the officer "Wendt"?

Excuse me to mask some informations but my mother doesn't want files become public looked.

Thank you VERY VERY much to answer me!

Hello -

The first document indicates (under Ziffer 15) that he was "discharged owing to unsuitability" ("Entlassung w/ Ungeeignetkeit") on 1 September 1942.

Comment

Thank you very much!!!

This words seems he left the Waffen SS?

Comment

I think he did not get accepted. They figured that out between May 1 and 15 1942. I suggest you post higher resolution pictures so they could be clearly read.

Comment

Thank you! I post a best resolution onn the thread "help to translate".

I have undestrand that:
          He was incorporated at Arolsen on 5/1/42.
          Transfered at ?? (Convalescence?) on 5/15/42.
          Come back from ?? to Arolsen on 6/9/42.
          Discharged owing to unsuitability on 9/1/42 to join his mom who lived onn the Innsbruck's zoo...

On this last act, I can read that the signature (15.Ubgang Grund) is from SS.FHA- g.Kdo (Gheheimekommando?)... It's curious.

It's a great mistery, because I spoke a little bit about his past (Very little bit). I know he fought on Russia and Warsaw in 1944. He spoke german, italian, latin currently and I know that he translated some traumatizing "interogations" too...
          After 1945, he joined the French foreig Legion.

Comment

Very strange. The records have him leaving the military after only four months? There must be some missing records if he returned to fight in 1944.

Comment

Hi,
              Unless he made up his service ,Walter mitty's are rather common in the UK, don't know about Germany but I suspect it's the same. Strangely a lot of uk one's also claim to have joined the F.L. not that easy to check up on?
              Mark

Comment

Hello,

The second document says:

Am 01.05.1942 als Neueinstellung zur Stabsbatterie/SS-FlakErsatzAbteilung gekommen.
                Am 15.05.1942 zur Genesungsbatterie/SS-FlakErsatzAbteilung versetzt.

The reason of the transfer is not really mentioned, only the number of the order (Abteilungsbefehl 105/42).

The first document says:

Diensteintritt war der 01.05.1942.
                Am 09.06.1942 von der Genesungsbatterie Unna/SS-FlakErsatzAbteilung zurück zur Stabsbatterie/SS-FlakErsatzAbteilung versetzt.
                Am 01.09.1942 wurde der SS-Kanonier nach Hause entlassen, weil er ungeeignet ist.

The reason why he was discharged was a Generalverfügung des SS-Führungshauptamtes. This seems to be an general order, maybe because of some illness or the death of his father or the death of several brothers.

All this reasons may be possible. Maybe his health got better and so he was later drafted again. The orders to discharge "last sons" or sons from fallen fathers changed through the war, too.

SS-Obersturmführer Wendt was the Battery-CO of the Stabsbatterie.
                SS-FlakErsatzAbteilung was an replacement unit of the Flak (antiaircraft). This unit was first stationed in the city Unna, later Arolsen.

Best wishes,
                andernach

Comment

I wonder if he did something serious and was no longer suitable for an SS Artillery, SS Flak or regular SS unit but instead was placed in a penal unit ?

A penal unit particularly an SS Penal unit would involve a completely different and new set of documents filled out by and filed seperately with the Feldgendarmerie.

That would also link with being in Warsaw in 1944 and the need to desert when he got the chance.

A possibility worth investigating,

Chris

Comment

3 years later I come back on this post and I just see old answers !! Thank you very much! I didn't know you have still answered .... I m so sorry to thank you 3 years later !!!

I have a new "paper" about. I understand "KM zuruck" like a back to the unit on the yellow lining I can't translate.

I can't translate into the red circles too More, I have a doubt about " UK-ANTRAG LAUFT" and "UA ABGELEHNT"...
                    If someone of you can help me, I will be very grateful !!!

Thank you very much

I identifie two numbers:
                    - Wehrnummer INNSBRUCK 24/125/5/1
                    - Kennz.nummer 231.576
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Vincenzo06; 06-02-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

"WP 6 Blatt K.M." = "Wehrpass 6 pages K.M."

"Uk.-Antrag läuft 11. Jan. 1943 Universität" means that he had applied for an UK-Stellung [Unabkömmlichstellung], i.e. to being classified as indispensible and thus deferred from call-up, apparently on the grounds of university studies or -work.

"UKA abgelehnt 25.1.43." means that this was rejected.

"4. Mai 1944 beim bevollm. [= bevollmächtigten] Offz. [= Offizier] angefragt f. [= für] Entwurf 39/44" = "4 May 1944 request for draft* 39/44 submitted to authorized officer "

*) "draft" as in "preliminary version", not as in "call-up".

Sorry; I don't know what the abbreviation "K.M." means.

Comment

Viele Danke!

"KM Zuruck" I understand "Komm zuruck" like a return to the first SS unit (?) where KM is also written on the right.

I ask myself what kind of draft (in"request for draft 39/44 submitted to authorized officer") could be and what is 39/44...

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenzo06 View Post
                          Viele Danke!

"KM Zuruck" I understand "Komm zuruck" like a return to the first SS unit (?) where KM is also written on the right.

I ask myself what kind of draft (in"request for draft 39/44 submitted to authorized officer") could be and what is 39/44...

Sorry, but no:

"Komm zurück" [meaning "come back"] makes absolutely no sense to begin with, never mind the fact that nobody would abbreviate "Komm" as "K.M.". Trust me on this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "M." stands for a "-Meldung" (report, notice) of some kind that was returned [zurück...], but that's a speculation on my part.

"39/44" might refer to the war years up to that time (May 44), but, again, that's a speculation.

Comment

Thank you very very much!!

That's the only papers I have got from the WAST and Tyrol archives.

Do you know an other bureau where I can get information about?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X