No announcement yet.

Stuka pilot KIA on his 600th sortie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forget to mention, my guy won the DK for Stalingrad with the amount of missions he had done in a very short time on 28.4.1943.....I can not get to it at the moment but I seem to think he had around 300 Feindflüge at the time.
    So he competed a further 589....you would have expected they were thinking about recommending him for a RK!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Not Much Appreciated by Bigwigs of the Luftwaffe

Dear Sir,

Yes,I admitted that this veteran Stuka gunner that you mentioned should have been recommended for the Knight's Cross by his superiors. Way over 800 combat sorties with different Stuka pilots was a big achievement indeed! Maybe the bigwigs of the Luftwaffe doesn't see that way.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Gentlemen,

If only there have been more groupings and flight books with names of Stuka,ground attack pilots,and their gunners with over 500,over 600,over 700,and so on combat sorties who deserved to be put in for the Knight's Cross but the outcome of their recommendations were unknown,then I would be busy and the study of them would be worthwhile.

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

Anything Yet?

Gentlemen,

Anymore new finding of groupings or flight books for ground attack pilots who went over 600 combat sorties? And had not gotten a Knight's Cross yet?

Sincerely,

Edward L. Hsiao

Comment

I have to say that this group is very nice

Andy

Comment

Absolute stunning grouping, well done

Regards

Phil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X