EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Resistance Fighter set from Den Haag (Holland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Resistance Fighter set from Den Haag (Holland)

A few days ago my previous boss called me.
    I worked in a Antiqueshop and he had some interesting things for my WWII Collection he told me.
    I've went to his appartment and there I saw three boxes full with Papers, Documents and items from one man, a Dutch Resistance Fighter from Den Haag.
    It is a huge set with a couple of hunderd items.
    At this moment I'm photographing the items.

Here you can see the items! http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3URC4XE7#TOSUBLPA

This is his story:

Frans Suzan Willem Marie van Bouwdijk Bastiaanse (The Resistance Fighter) was born on the 9th of September 1923 in Holland in Den Haag at the Java-straat 20.
    Today the building still excist.
    The father of Frans was E.V.J.M. van Bouwdijk Bastiaanse and was a 1st Luitenant in the Dutch Army at that time was lived in Amersfoort (Holland) at the Borgesiuslaan 1.
    Frans worked in a Metal factory called 'Lemefa' in Den Haag at the Waldorpstraat during the war.

But he was also a Resistance fighter against the Germans in Holland!
    Even before the war started in Holland he was already interested in the German invasions of Poland, Norway and other country's.
    I know that because he kept also a lot of Pre 1940 news papers and articles about the German invasions.

Together with a few other Resistance Fighters in Den Haag they attacked German Headquarters, Stole German Motorcycles and Bycicles, Delevired Rationcards to Jews and other people which were hidding for the Germans, made illegal newspapers and made rapports about the Warnews from the B.B.C. Radio and they even made secretly photographs of German Bunkers, Trenches and Airbases in Holland for the Dutch Resistance and the Allieds.

One day, they needed telephones to connect the safe houses for hidden people together.
    When the Germans came to arrest of search the houses they could telephone each other and warn them.
    They deciced to steal the Telephones from the Germans and they've went to the Headquarters of the N.S.D.A.P in Den Haag.
    During this robbery they captured some telephones but also Enveloppes and Letters that were not used.
    This is all to read in the rapports that were made by Frans in this set.
    Even the Enveloppes and Papers are still in this set.

They also attack the Headquarters of the Hitler Youth in Den Haag and I think that the insignia (West Niederlande) is from that building.

In january 1944 joined the Oranje Nassau Regiment, Brigade A.
    He was stationed in district ’s Gravenhagen, 2e Platoon of the ''Binnenlandse Strijdkrachten (B.S.)'', Strijdend gedeelte (Fighters).
    The brigade commander was J.L.N Hoorweg and his platoon commander was Ir. W.R. van Vliet.

In this set are a couple of hunderd documents, magazines, items, Dutch army items from his father and even a German Side Cap from 1942 with a piece of Orange silk on it, perhaps used by the Binnenlandse Strijdkrachten.

There is also a original letter from H.G. Winkelman, the highest commander of the Dutch Forces in may 1940.
    In his letter to the mayor of Rotterdam why the Germans bombed Rotterdam during the ultimatum that was given to the Dutch Forces.
    There is also a letter from Prins Bernhard to Frans (The resistance fighter) and post war invites to Frans from the Royal Familie to drink a cup of thea and a invite for a dance party.

German Magazines like Der Adler, Signal, Die Wehrmacht, Deutsche Zeitung in den Niederlande but also the Dutch NSB paper Volk and Vaderland.
    But there are also a lot of Dutch Illegal newspapers and personal rapports that were made about the warnews.
    I also discovered a Wehrpass and some other german passes from a soldier that joined the Fallschirmjäger Panzer Division Hermann Göring late in the war.

At this link you can see a lot items that I've photographed and I hope you like it!

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=3URC4XE7#TOSUBLPA

The items at the link are not everything, I'm still photographing the items and collect them.

Kind regards,

Jeroen.
    Last edited by Jeroen wo2; 12-22-2014, 10:31 AM.
    Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

German Side Cap & Insignia for HJ/BDM
    Attached Files
    Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

Comment

Enveloppes and a Flyer
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jeroen,
        Wow, very nice set!!
        Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X