Lt. Roberts foot locker....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lt. Roberts foot locker....

So a friend of mine's wife's grandfather died last year and Steve has been telling me of all the stuff he found in the old man's footlocker. Literally. He fought in the European theater and was discharged as a first Lt. in the US Army. He would never talk about his time in the service. This is what all he came back with:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190898...65768734/show/

Am I correct that he has a Japanese aircraft gun camera? If so I wonder how he came by that? It still has film in it.... And what cuff title is this? The daggers blades are still in grease.
    Last edited by rynegold; 03-26-2014, 03:12 PM.

Very nice find!
    Something like this was common in the '60's, but today it's quite rare!

The cuffband is for SA Standarte Feldherrnhalle" and later used by
    the 60.Panzergrenadier division Feldherrnhalle.
    The flat silver script embroidery is often called "Officer" (there is a thread embroidered configuration which is supposedly "Enlisted/ NCO")
    I think yours could either be from the SA Standarte or the later PGD FHH.

If you acquired this group, you're very fortunate indeed!

Comment

I don't own it... just let the person who's relative amassed this collection know what it is worth. I'd love to see all the super 8 movie reels he has (not pictured)... if this fellow didn't flinch in taking pix of dead American as well as axis soliders there's no telling what is on all those movie reels he has.

Apparently there's over 25 (reels)\ of them... as well as the Jap gun camera.
      m
      Last edited by rynegold; 03-26-2014, 09:14 PM.

Comment

A lot of super interesting items in this footlocker, specially the pictures and the 8mm film, this is a real time capsule.

Interesting japanese camera, not the one in the shape of a gun for training. I am not use of this little dataplate. The saddle bag looks japanese too.

Take good care of it and please let us know if there is a way to check the picture or the film in the futur.

Comment

YES ! VERY interesting lot !!!!!! Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X