No announcement yet.

Theodor Flück Collection, “The Rzhev Meat-Grinder”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool display You have there. The story with maps is just great! Thanks for sharing.

Bono

Comment

great grouping

Comment

Bringing this back up to the top given the great time and research involved. It's always great to see medals and badges presented in historical context. Fine job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Stout View Post
          Eastern Front Medal with Document (notice the rank and the date of the award document compared to his date of rank of Unteroffizier in his Wehrpass).
          The difference in dates in this case is because the date listed on the document is the date the unit was awarded (made eligible) the ostmedaille. It's likely he received it sometime in 1943, hence the rank is accurate.

Comment

Hi,

@ Stephen: Great thread, presentation, and research!

I think this thread really highlights what an average German infantry soldier encountered to be awarded what many collectors think of as "common" awards.

@ Brian R: Thanks for bringing back up as I missed it in 2013!

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
              Bringing this back up to the top given the great time and research involved. It's always great to see medals and badges presented in historical context. Fine job!!
              Originally posted by Brian R View Post
              The difference in dates in this case is because the date listed on the document is the date the unit was awarded (made eligible) the ostmedaille. It's likely he received it sometime in 1943, hence the rank is accurate.
              Originally posted by Skyhawk View Post
              Hi,

@ Stephen: Great thread, presentation, and research!

I think this thread really highlights what an average German infantry soldier encountered to be awarded what many collectors think of as "common" awards.

@ Brian R: Thanks for bringing back up as I missed it in 2013!

Best,

Jeff
              Thanks for the feedback. I plan on getting some more done in the future!

Comment

Great research, very interesting!

Cheers,
                Robert

Comment

How and where did you buy this collection? Did you know what happend with T.G. Fluck after the war? His past-war-time?

Comment

Great job.. But I'd like to know how you came to own this collection as well, and what happened after the War with him... I know I'd love to have something like this in my collection. Having Medals is great, but when you can put a name & face on them that's what really makes them EXTRA special in my book...

Comment

Hi Stephen

Thanks for posting this one I enjoyed reading this & looking at your historical grouping for a standard soldiers position, he was kind of lucky to get out alive due to his wounds.

Comment

great display and the research really made it come to life. This is what collecting is all about.

Comment

Great work here guys!!

Comment

It is a well done documentation.

Chet
                            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X