X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German POW in Barcelona 1943

Hi folks is my first post in this forum
    I like to explain the little history in my city
    On October 27, 1943, under the patronage of the Red Spanish Cross, it moors in the port of Barcelona, the German ship "Aquileia". In his warehouses, 623 British prisoners travel and of the Commonwelath, 410 injured men and sick, and 50 serious injured men. The first ones in landing, are Australian prisoners of the Sanitary Body; after them, Scots, english men, South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders, most of them, captured in the North African front. All the same time, the nose of transport "Cuba", of British pavilion, begins to land 1061 German prisoners, almost all of the Afrika Korps. In the wharf, they supervise the operations, the British ambassador in Spain, Sir Samuel Hoare, and his German homonym, the doctro Dieckhoff, accompanied both for his respective wives.
    In addition, they are witnesses of the exchange, the general Moscardó, the delegate of the Red International Cross, doctor Arbenz, and diverse Spanish authorities of the epoch.

Some time a go I locate a document of the year 1943 It was a safe conduct of a nurse to be one day in the port of Barcelona. The motive an exchange of German and allied prisoners The curiosity is that to the back it takes writings the names of several German prisoners and his directions, I suppose that the serious nurse a beauty of the epoch. A few weeks ago I have bought the photography where nurses and prisoners go out suppose that someone is that of the writing. If someone can help me to translate the information of the prisoners or guive me some information will be welcome. Thanks to all
    Eduard

Xx

Attached Files

Comment

X

Attached Files

Comment

Xxx

Attached Files

Comment

Xxxx

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X