WW2 Stuka Pilot Hans Deibl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW2 Stuka Pilot Hans Deibl

In 2011 I interviewed a SAAF ww2 Tomahawk fighter pilot (Cecil Golding) and he told me how he shot down (June 1942 North Africa) a Stuka where after he was shot down by a 109 at Bir Hacheim. On the ground he eventually met up with the Stuka pilot (Hans Deibl) in an ambulance as they were both badly wounded. In the ambulance on the way to Tobruk they had conversation with each other and Hans ask Cecil to organise a letter to his fiance in Austria, which he did.

I Google'd the name of Hans Deibl and found him (Austria) via his daughter and established communication with him and Cecil. Then in Nov 2012 Hans visited Cecil here in Cape Town and the two former enemies had a 70 year reunion. I was involved with the arrangements of the visit.

I also video interviewed Hans and Cecil and the videos are presented at their web sites.

Here one video interview of Hans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-S2Seamq10

Here the tribute web page of Hans Deibl:

http://cecilgolding.yolasite.com/hans-deibl-tribute.php

Here the tribute site of Cecil Golding:

http://cecilgolding.yolasite.com/

Hans in 1942

Cecil in 1942

Cecil and Hans in Cape Town November 2012, 70 years after they previously saw each other!

Great story, thanks for sharing it

Andy

Comment

Very nice
      The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
      Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
      www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Great thread, my favorite kind! Getting history first hand from the men that were there is fantastic.

Thanks,
        Mike

Comment

Excellent stuff!
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Great story

Comment

Interesting thread!

Comment

This is a fantastic piece of investigoaive journalism. To put these two men together after all those years. They share a bond that will never be broken and to see those memories in the eyes is wonderful to behold.

Unfortunately, we are at the end of this golden era of such interesting, first hand accounts when it comes to the Second World War.
                Thank you for your hard work.
                Regards,
                Andy

Comment

Yes, thankyou for sharing your passion. History told first hand
                  is always more interesting. I share all the above comments.

Comment

Comment

One of the reason I love this forum, stories like this ! Thanks for sharing ! And God bless them both.

Comment

Wow what a really nice story thank for posting it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X