X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish Prisoner in Warschau en Bergen

I have this lighter for a few years know and wanted to chare it now
    althow I don't know if this is the right place for it

In the center of this lighter you can see the two letter: AK, I believe this is for the Polish AK resistance movement. On the top and bottem you can see: DEC ( top ) and GER ( bottom ) and between the A and K you can see the date 1944. So it must be december 1944 Germany I believe. On both sides you can twee concentrationkamp names: Warszawa ( Warschau ) and Bergen (Bergen-Belsen).
    at the back you can see the owners initials.

The men who gave it to me, set that a friend of him who liberated a camp in Belsen got it from a prisoner, who gave it to him when they liberated the camp.

hope you guy's like it

Hi

Very nice Item.I think it is from AK(Polish resistance Home Army) Soldier who fighted in Warsow Uprising 1944.After Uprising he go as POW to Bergen.In Warsow was not any Concentation Camp.After Uprising was in near Warsow in Pruszkow Dulag 121(Durchgangslager 121).

Regards

Sebastian

Comment

thanks for the information FBB didn't even knew that I had a piece from the warshau uprising

regards,
      maarten

Comment

These were some of the soldiers the germans fought , for the anti partisan awards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X