spandau prison guard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spandau prison guard.

on my return from a trip to berlin,my neighbour asked how my trip went,as he had been speaking to my wife,while i was away,and she had told him about my trip to berlin,and why i was going,and what i was going to see,it was then he let the cat out of the bag,he told me he took turns to guard rudolf hess,between i think 1947-48.he said he was a very nice and intelligent man,we had a very long talk in which he showed me some photos,and press photos of hitler,which he had picked up while in berlin,he also spoke of his encounters with the russians, of which i cannot repeat,its so strange that up untill my return from berlin,hes has never spoken about his army days,and we have talked many times about various subjects.
    Attached Files

pic

pic
    Attached Files

Comment

pic2

pic2
      Attached Files

Comment

I have a spandau prison guards uniform. The guards were from russia, america, england and france i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
          I have a spandau prison guards uniform. The guards were from russia, america, england and france i believe.
          yes they took it in turns in guarding him,when i next have a chat with him i will ask him if i can post his photos on this page,i know that he gave one photo,to a museum,which i think was taken outside spandau.

Comment

My uniform has a pass still in the pocket , written in all the languages, and i have the guards name who worked there that owned this one, who died a drunk after the war. But his in laws had his uniform, and when they died i got it at their estate sale. I didn't realize i could have bought the pants and his shoes, but also there wasn't a hat I recall. It's also rather plain, but different than any other i have seen relating to the US army. I have it around here , and if you can get a photo of him wearing his, i can verify it to prove i'm truthful. I think the man he was guardings name was on the paperwork,seems it may have been hoess. (not hess) there may have been a hoess there also. Well must have been , his name is on the card from spandau. I believe when a prisoner was allowed to walk outside in the courtyard, he had to be accompanied by a guard, and have a pass. Of course there is much controversey as to IF the last man at the end ,was really hess or not, and if he(this last man) was murdered or not . Seems to me,as i recall the story,... he was.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              My uniform has a pass still in the pocket , written in all the languages, and i have the guards name who worked there that owned this one, who died a drunk after the war. But his in laws had his uniform, and when they died i got it at their estate sale. I didn't realize i could have bought the pants and his shoes, but also there wasn't a hat I recall. It's also rather plain, but different than any other i have seen relating to the US army. I have it around here , and if you can get a photo of him wearing his, i can verify it to prove i'm truthful. I think the man he was guardings name was on the paperwork,seems it may have been hoess. (not hess) there may have been a hoess there also. Well must have been , his name is on the card from spandau. I believe when a prisoner was allowed to walk outside in the courtyard, he had to be accompanied by a guard, and have a pass. Of course there is much controversey as to IF the last man at the end ,was really hess or not, and if he(this last man) was murdered or not . Seems to me,as i recall the story,... he was.
              i will see what i can find out,will ask to borrow his photos,so i can post them here.

Comment

Beautiful pictures of Berlin.
                Please, let us see more!

Douglas.

Comment

berlin

berlin
                  Attached Files

Comment

berlin

berlin
                    Attached Files

Comment

berlin

berlin
                      Attached Files

Comment

berlin1

berlin

Comment

Great pictures of berlin today.. lots of scars of WW2 and the battle of berlin to be seen still today, cant wait to get back again.. regards, Johnno.

Comment

Nice photos, i have not been in germany yet.
                            But i would love to bring my Fisher pulse x8 and Excalibur II metaldetectors. There is a lot of interesting stuff in the ponds and rivers there.

Comment

What a wonderful Town Berlin is.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X