Small Pilot-Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Pilot-Grouping

I like to show you a small Grouping I got from my hometown this year.
    Peter GrĂ¼ner was born in German-South-Werst-Africa. His Father was a well decorated "Schutztruppenoffizier".

He joined the Navy 1935. In 1936 he changed to the Luftwaffe. In 1940 he died, decorated with Iron Cross II u. I. I believe it was an accident.
    Hope you like it.
    Attached Files

more pics...
    Attached Files

Comment

please show the formal dress shot

Comment

Nice grouping, nice pictures
        The German Luftwaffe Pilot and Combined Pilot and Observer Badges of WWII 1933-1945
        Volume I & Volume II

sigpic

Now Available
        www.luftwaffepilotbook@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
          please show the formal dress shot
          Here it is...
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a nice early war grouping and as noted the dress uniform shot is great!

Any chance you can post the pages in the Wehrpas which show his units? Also his active service record entries would be nice.

Regards

Jeremy

Comment

Any chance you can post the pages in the Wehrpas which show his units? Also his active service record entries would be nice.

[/QUOTE]

Here it is!
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah interesting so he was with Kampfgeschwader 4.

Let me look this evening at the unit history and see of the balance of his crew is listed.

Thanks for posting.

Jeremy

Comment

Nice group!!! It looks like he was killled, along with the rest of his crew (Ju88), during an accidental crash in Northern France (possible engine failure) on June 16, 1940. This info is from The Battle of France, Then and Now by Cornwell.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
                    Nice group!!! It looks like he was killled, along with the rest of his crew (Ju88), during an accidental crash in Northern France (possible engine failure) on June 16, 1940. This info is from The Battle of France, Then and Now by Cornwell.
                    You are right! Have a look at page 13 of the wehrpass!

"Deathly crashed at 16.6.40 in mission near Vendeville (France)"

Comment

ordenpeter

That is a very nice grouping indeed and has excellent potential for a detailed research project.

Of note is the headed letter which appears of be signed by RKT Erich Bloedorn.

A nice set

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X