The Last WW1 Veteran died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last WW1 Veteran died

Claude Stanley Choules, the last known combat veteran of the First World War has died at the age of 110.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23108457/

Rest in Peace, sailor...the blue oceans you protected will continue to stay beautiful...the way ya wanted the world.

Comment

How come every few months we hear of the "last living soldier of WW1 dies".

I've always wondered how they determine who is THE LAST to die?

When the archives are not complete and there are errors present, how would anyone know this?

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
        How come every few months we hear of the "last living soldier of WW1 dies".

When the archives are not complete and there are errors present, how would anyone know this?
        The last known.

Comment

I agree , every 2 months it's repeated , new name. ARE "WE " INCLUDING ALL THE COUNTRIES IN THIS ??

Comment

Last night on I believe 60 minutes was a segment about those whom make
            the head stones for the veterans. While watchers were shown how they make these the headstone for Claude Choules was shown. He was buried
            in Arlington Cemetry in Washington.

Much reverence is shown with the task of the making of the stones.

Comment

Originally posted by Annelie View Post
              Last night on I believe 60 minutes was a segment about those whom make
              the head stones for the veterans. While watchers were shown how they make these the headstone for Claude Choules was shown. He was buried
              in Arlington Cemetry in Washington.

Much reverence is shown with the task of the making of the stones.
              That was not Claude Choules, but Frank Buckles, the last surviving American ww1 veteran.

Comment

"How come every few months we hear of the "last living soldier of WW1 dies".

When the archives are not complete and there are errors present, how would anyone know this? "

The other times it was the last French veteran, the last UK veteran, etc. This time it would appear to be THE last one.
                There are also some "last WW1 veterans" but who did not actualy serve on any front. In this case I dont see how they qualify as a war veteran...

JL

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X