This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what constitutes a grouping

I understand what a named grouping is but what about a group of military items allegedly from the same man that is NOT named.... is this really a grouping? What is it worth? The sum of all the pieces or should it also have a premium value like a named grouping just not as much?

A good question so I am pinning this thread to the top of the page.

For me, a grouping has to have a name, verifiable, to be a true grouping. Otherwise, it is just a collection of "things."
    pseudo-expert

Comment

I agree with Don,

unless there is verified provenance, it is simply a gathering of era objects, worth the sum of the parts without any form of premium.

Comment

IMO a grouping does not have to have a name but rather relevance. Yes, I know many people will criticize me for this, but it is largely open to discretion. See my grouping for a good example of a nameless grouping.

These were bought from a trusted seller in my own backyard (he had no interest AT ALL in TR militaria which was evident by his selling price). Everything just makes sense.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=662541

Comment

Originally posted by whatthecrunchyo View Post
          IMO a grouping does not have to have a name but rather relevance. Yes, I know many people will criticize me for this, but it is largely open to discretion. See my grouping for a good example of a nameless grouping.

These were bought from a trusted seller in my own backyard (he had no interest AT ALL in TR militaria which was evident by his selling price). Everything just makes sense.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=662541
          I looked at your post. I saw a collection of items. These cold be a vet bring back from WW2 or items from a collection of items picked up over time or they could be from the vet himself. They are nice items, but have no history of provenance their fore they can not be attributed. Hence they can not be called a grouping. As it stands right now without further information it is a collection of items. A very nice collection of items.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X