Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred Sinclair Jr. R.I.P. U. S. Army, marines, navy

Hi all,

It is with my deepest, deepest sorrows that I have to tell the forum this. I honestly did not think this would happen for a very long time but it did. My grandfather, Fred Sinclair Jr. passed away on February 14th, 2011 at the age of 85. My grandfather was a major contribution to my life and he was a unique man who had served. During World War II he was in the navy but attched to the marine corps. Although he never saw combat time in the war he was trained for a mission to infiltrate a Japanese POW camp but the war ended before the mission began. His real service in combat was in the Korean War as a sgt. in the 3rd infantry division. What was unique about his unit was that he was involved in radar and he has told many stories. Here is a link to stories he has wrote about his experiences.

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/me...sinclair_fred/

Rest in Peace Grandpa <3

You have our deepest sympathy during your time of loss. There may not even be 10% left from WW2 now, as i believe there is something like 1000 a week passing on presently.

Comment

sorry to hear that,my grandfather a WW2 vet passed at 89 in 2006.Still think about him almost everyday

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for your condolences. My grandfather did however post his stories for all to learn thankfully.

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X