Untersturmfuehrer Guenther Karle und Frau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for Reference & Display

Here is the Bronze that is a much better copy, hence I'll mount it with the other items from the family.
    Attached Files

Comment

Shot, pin down for reference in case thi one isn't on file somewhere else.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thought I would also post a shoulder strap from Guenther's Sergeant Major (Sturmscharfuehrer). He passed this to me at one of the little reunions of "DR" vets that we would meet with close to Guenthers home.

Obvious a field promotion somewhere along the line, but the additional pips have been there a very long time and Guenther would often call him "Spiess". Would have been nice to have its brother, but this was the only one he could find.
        A great guy who always had a joke to tell.

Thanks for looking!
        Attached Files

Comment

WAsT

Not too bad, only a six month wait Only to find out that because I am not directly related to Guenther, I can't have his records This of course does not deter me I shall now write Margot and ask her to drop a line to the Wast

Comment

Originally posted by Kondor View Post
            Not too bad, only a six month wait Only to find out that because I am not directly related to Guenther, I can't have his records This of course does not deter me I shall now write Margot and ask her to drop a line to the Wast
            Get her and the kids to sign f possible

Comment

Great story and stuff shown here!

Comment

When visiting friends in Germany again this year, I of course stopped off to see Guenthers wife. While there, Margot gave me both his and her military awards. She wanted someone who appreciated them to have them as their children were not interested in their service time during WW2.

Thanks for sharing. It always amazes me how children discard part of\
                their family history. Its good that at least she gave them to as she says
                "someone whom appreicates them".

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X