Vietnam Grouping saved from dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vietnam Grouping saved from dump

Given to me by a nice woman who saved it from the dump.

SP5 Thomas Faria
    US Army Combat Medic
    Left the Army after Vietnam
    Fremont, California

Newly minted Medic, circa 1965-1966 or 1967

Continued

Medals were all in the ARCOM Box

Very interesting pieces here. Pistol belt with first aid pouch and contents.
    Strobe in pouch with retaining device.
    Compass.
    Customer made in-country swagger stick made of a 1952 dated .50 caliber round and an internal rocket piece. Attached is a dog tag chain and orignal pinback CMB.

Montangard bracelet

Comment

Check the pockets

I checked the internal pockets of the class a jacket.

Airline ticket home dated April 2nd 1969, uniform appearance card containing picture of a pre-depoloyed newly minted medic name Faria

Swagger stick

Comment

Fantastic group, terrible to think it was almost lost for good, well done on saving it for posterity.

Comment

Nice stuff. I like the field jacket.

Comment

Thankyou for sharing.

Not only is his story of interest but it makes one wonder
            why and how his things ended up at the dump and thank goodness
            for someone whom recognized that it should be saved.

Comment

Beautiful grouping, and finding that airline ticket in the pocket is awesome. I cannot believe this was being thrown away!!! Makes you wonder how much militaria is simply "tossed out" every day around the world but isn't saved.......

Rob

Comment

Very nice group. I just cannot believe the disrespect some people shows to history. Jacques

Comment

Nice you saved it. The photo is of him with his ND right out of basic before he was assigned to a unit. We called the issue glasses "Birth Control Glasses" because they were so ugly they made it impossible to get a date with a woman. The bracelet is nice too, probably was given to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                    Beautiful grouping, and finding that airline ticket in the pocket is awesome. I cannot believe this was being thrown away!!! Makes you wonder how much militaria is simply "tossed out" every day around the world but isn't saved.......

Rob
                    I am sure i read that a knights cross mappe was found in a bin in America in the 70s--as you say more must have been destroyed than is around still

Comment

on more then one occasion iv jumped(yes "bit" drunk on all occasions ) into skips thinking that iv seen a german lid which all turned out to be old pots!!!
                      great group!its sad to think whats been thrown out!!i read here on waf that a group to colin powell was found in a dumpster and then given to a charity shop!!!!
                      i bought a german lid of the estand where the seller had seen it sitting on the trash cans the day before and picked it uo!!!was a nice lid!!!lets hope more items like this are saved from the garbage!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks to the woman who saved this nice Vietnam War US Army medic's uniforms and medals from trash! I am glad that this collector who posted these pictures of that 'Nam grouping got them from her and went into his collection. I hates to see many military items go into trash by people who dont know much of military history!! Thanks,James

Comment

Man this story could have end up being very depressing, thankfully you and the lady saved this part of history well done to you both.

Comment

Thank you for saving a part of history

Comment

Lets brought this excellent thread up

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X