No announcement yet.

Met with a 101st Airborne vet today Earl Kelly 502 PIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets see if this works....i saw your helmet in there!....great story by the way and sounds like a great guy!....mike
    http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom...9NtxcdpI.email

Comment

Originally posted by screaming eagle View Post
      Can't get this to link if anyone can assist,I did a Google search on Fox 45 Baltimore D Day to find this,thanks
      Originally posted by sgtdorango View Post
      Lets see if this works....i saw your helmet in there!....great story by the way and sounds like a great guy!....mike
      http://www.foxbaltimore.com/newsroom...9NtxcdpI.email
      thanks for helping out with the link Mike,much appreciated

Comment

Damn good story and Soldier... Thanks for this

Comment

still walks a mile a day and does 25 pushups!How about that tunic with the medals tooSad thing is his son told me he gave away a lot of stuff and people "borrowed" things that never came back.He told me he gave a SS dagger and afew other things to his dentist who promised him lifetime care,the guy left 2 years later without a word.

Comment

What? I think someone should search for that damned Dentist who stole the Dagger

Andy
            Attached Files

Comment

I host a large international veteransweek in November 2011 in the Netherlands. Veterans from the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium Austria, England, America, Canada en Czechoslovakia together with resistance fighters and holocaust victims.

I would love to have a man like this as a guest!

Comment

Originally posted by rexmundi View Post
                I host a large international veteransweek in November 2011 in the Netherlands. Veterans from the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium Austria, England, America, Canada en Czechoslovakia together with resistance fighters and holocaust victims.

I would love to have a man like this as a guest!
                He's getting up there in age,I can ask him if you like,let me know.I know in the past he has done many speaking engagements.

Comment

101st Vet

Nice post and certainly an honour and a privelage to meet these guys, my father in laws Dad is a Veteran of the British 6th Airborne division, he lied about his age to join up and although i met him several times, i never dared ask about his wartime exploits other than a brief chat one time when he confirmed he fought in Belguim in the winter of 1944 and went on to Palestine in 1945. I think he may have jumped in Operation Varsity but i have to ask him.
                  He's still a very tough guy and even got in a fist fight a few years back with a man half his age!
                  The fighting spirit lives on in these men and does not diminish with age.

Regards,

Stu

Comment

My friend Mr.Earl Kelly died April 9th. RIP to another one of The a Greatest Generation.

Comment

My friend Mr.Earl Kelly died April 9th. RIP to another one of The a Greatest Generation.
                      Im sorry. RIP

Comment

I am sorry to read this. Another one gone!
                        When you go home
                        Tell them for us and say
                        For your tomorrow
                        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
                          I am sorry to read this. Another one gone!
                          Nice post indeed and RIP to a true amarican legend...

Comment

Very good interview with Earl.I rember hearing most these stories but more detail.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/sto...c_location=ufi

Comment

RIP
                              Wish I can have such experience with a guy with that caliber

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X